+ Reply to Thread

Thread: new camera

new camera

well after letting the girlfriend borrow my camera it seems that i am now in the market for something new .

What i had was a Nikon cool pix 3100 (i believe) i really liked the camera because it was easy to use and took good enough pictures for me, but the battery life was HORRIABLE it got to the point that i just didn't use it because of the battery.

So i guess this brings me to my question of what is a good camera to look at. the only real requirements that i have are it needs to be pocketable and have good battery life among being able to take a decent picture. what dose every one recommend?

i know u guys are way over my head with the DSLR's and such and i wish i was smart enough with a camera or knew enough about one to justify one but really i would just be kidding myself if i said i was.

thanks for any input it will be greatley appreciated!!!

Actually I would recommend the Canon PowerShot series. Canon is known for their glass (lens) and that's no exception even in their small cameras. The Canon SD450 is a small pocketable camera with great features. Also a few posts down I talk about some of the new cameras that Canon is getting ready to release. Also the SD80 is very good.

My suggestion, take a look at the whole line of camera from Canon, and find one in your price range, and then come back and we can discuss what it will do. Then go to your local camera shop, or Best Buy, and play with the camera and look at the size and see if you like it. They should be able to let you take a photo and then throw it on a computer to see what it looks like. Best Buy has memory cards to do this with, just press them to do it and they will.

Canon Digital Camera Website

Oh and I am replacing my Canon S400 for the SD630. Take a look at that one... It was just announced, so it's not in stores yet, and might take a while to appear.

thanks alot! i actualy played with a SD450 last night and i liked the way it was set up.

I also took a look at that link to the Canon page. I want to spend somewhear around 300-400 for a camera i think. So I found a few of the SD450's on ebay for under 300 and then i saw the SD630 on amazon for 400 what would be gained by waiting for the SD630 or even the SD600 over the SD450?

Thanks in advance

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    If you aren't in a hurry, Dell sometimes has really crazy coupons and sales on Canon gear. I can also recommend buying online to deal with Allens Camera in PA. You can't buy over the web, but you can call them and talk to a real camera shop crew. I've also bought from Unique Photo, Beach Camera, B&H, Adorama, Showcase, and Cameta.

I don't know that much about those models, but I think you can always get into the waiting game. PMA (the biggest Camera show of the year) is going on right now, so any new announcements that will happen should be going on this week.
    Mike - Been Converged?