+ Reply to Thread

Albany, NY by Point N Shoot

We have a little contest over on my homesite for photographers to get some experience doing new things... I just wanted to share my submission (even though I am a judge so it doesnt count) using a Canon Pro-1 8mp point and shoot camera...

TRJ Photography
    National Press Photographers Assn. Member (NPPA)
    Canon User:1DMII/20D/10D(IR)/1nRS/Pro-1/Some L Glass

Very nice, very very nice.

This is one I took at one of the last nights that they still had the lights on for the towers. I took it in Hoboken, NJ when I was there visiting my sister in NYC. She took me there to see the skyline. I did this with a 4MP point-n-shoot. Here are the specs:

Canon Powershot G2
    Shutter Speed 6.04 sec.
    F4.5
    No Flash
    21 MM Focal Length
    6 sec. exposure
    0 Compensation

This was the first time I did night time photography of any kind and I took around 15 shots, this being one of the better ones. Not bad for the first time at night.

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    Both very good, considering the equipment used. I am going with my son to Washington DC for a week on a field trip soon, and I'm looking forward to some night shots there. Last time I only had a Nikon Coolpix with me and I wasn't smart enough to figure out how to do the night stuff. A lot of cool shots there at night.

Ross, where did you shoot that from? Other than a little blowing on some of the highlights, its a cool capture. Did you also shoot it with your new baby (Ross bought a 1DM2 from me)?
    Mike - Been Converged?

Actually I shot that with my Pro-1...=) sitting on a beanbag on my truck... it is pretty hard to get the settings right considering you arent looking at the picture really... just the image as seen by the sensor and sent to the display... so with that and the cold/no tripod I did ok...LOL

That is on a road out in East Greenbush off exit 9 on Rte 90... you can also get good shots from the Holiday Inn Express at that location too... back parking lot
    TRJ Photography
    National Press Photographers Assn. Member (NPPA)
    Canon User:1DMII/20D/10D(IR)/1nRS/Pro-1/Some L Glass