+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Photographer Orgnoi1's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-18-2006
    Location
    Clifton Park, NY
    Posts
    95

    New Bird Feeders 04/04/2006

    Normally I shy away from feeding wild birds such as the geese and ducks... but I figured it wouldnt hurt to have a couple feeders for the small songbirds here at the house... so here are the first pics from today...





    TRJ Photography
    National Press Photographers Assn. Member (NPPA)
    Canon User:1DMII/20D/10D(IR)/1nRS/Pro-1/Some L Glass

  2. #2
    Photographer Orgnoi1's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-18-2006
    Location
    Clifton Park, NY
    Posts
    95




    TRJ Photography
    National Press Photographers Assn. Member (NPPA)
    Canon User:1DMII/20D/10D(IR)/1nRS/Pro-1/Some L Glass

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    03-31-2006
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    24
    I love that third one. The focus plane appears to have captured the bird but the tree his on appears to be already losing sharpness. I find that pretty cool.

    Not to mention the lighting appears to be perfect in all of these. Was it overcast at the time? Which lens where you using?

  4. #4
    Photographer Orgnoi1's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-18-2006
    Location
    Clifton Park, NY
    Posts
    95
    Thanks a bunch!! It was overcast but not extremely dark... all the shots were taken with a Canon 1D MarkII and Canon 500mm f/4 IS lens...
    TRJ Photography
    National Press Photographers Assn. Member (NPPA)
    Canon User:1DMII/20D/10D(IR)/1nRS/Pro-1/Some L Glass

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    09-11-2004
    Location
    Greensboro, NC U.S.A.
    Posts
    828
    Quote Originally Posted by pod13
    I love that third one. The focus plane appears to have captured the bird but the tree his on appears to be already losing sharpness. I find that pretty cool.

    Not to mention the lighting appears to be perfect in all of these. Was it overcast at the time? Which lens where you using?
    Nice! Is that a flicker or some other type of woodpecker? Also like the nuthatch!
    Motorola Q, WM5 -- Verizon Wireless, U.S.A.

  6. #6
    Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-16-2002
    Location
    Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    9,440
    I'm so bird challenged... I just call them all "plain birds". Nice shots.
    Mike - Been Converged?

  7. #7
    Photographer Orgnoi1's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-18-2006
    Location
    Clifton Park, NY
    Posts
    95
    I have to agree with you Mike... I love watching and shoot the birds, but I dont know that much about them...
    TRJ Photography
    National Press Photographers Assn. Member (NPPA)
    Canon User:1DMII/20D/10D(IR)/1nRS/Pro-1/Some L Glass

  8. #8
    Techguru alanb's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-30-2002
    Location
    dc-baltimore megalopolis
    Posts
    2,184
    Quote Originally Posted by scottb
    Nice! Is that a flicker or some other type of woodpecker? Also like the nuthatch!
    It is either a Downy or Hairy woodpecker. I suspect Downy, but they are hard to tell apart without hearing them or seeing the two together.

    Excellent pictures. I also really like the nuthatch on the tree.

    Alan

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    09-11-2004
    Location
    Greensboro, NC U.S.A.
    Posts
    828
    Quote Originally Posted by alanb
    It is either a Downy or Hairy woodpecker. I suspect Downy, but they are hard to tell apart without hearing them or seeing the two together.

    Excellent pictures. I also really like the nuthatch on the tree.

    Alan
    Yes, I think you're right. After looking at a few pics, it looks like a Downey.
    Motorola Q, WM5 -- Verizon Wireless, U.S.A.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts