+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar

Plug in Your Galleries!

Here's the deal... I've seen some incredible galleries from some of our members here. I'd like to give you a place to plug your galleries... promote them... get people connected to them... show them off... etc. All I ask in return is that you post something here about the equipment you use, when you post the link to the gallery. I'll start....

I post some of my pictures at http://collins-home.com . The gallery has sports pictures, family snapshots, and a few animals.

The pictures from the last year were mostly shot with Canon gear - 1DM2 / 1DM2N / 20D, and a variety of lenses. You'll see shots there with the 24-70 f/2.8, 17-40 f/4, 50 f/1.4, 85 f/1.8, 135 f/2, 200 f/1.8, and 400 f/2.8. There are also a few shots from a Nikon Coolpix 4300 and shots prior to a year ago were shot with Nikon DSLRs... D70 and D2H.
    Mike - Been Converged?

Cool idea Mike

The URL for my gallery is http://www.Robert-O-Rama.com

For the past 9 months I have used the Casio Exilim EX-Z750. It is an ultra-compact 7.2MP camera. I like to take spur-of-the-moment pictures, so it is nice to have something small enough to keep with me 24/7 Before that I used the Pentax Optio S5i for about 9 months... which was a 5MP ultra-compact. Before that my primary camera was my Treo 600!

I primarily post scenic landscape types of pictures on my site
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Well my gallery is @ http://www.northeastmoto.com/forums/...c=31&userid=43

I have everything there from when I was shooting film on a Pentax K1000 (as a kid) all the way to my current Canon 1nRS. I recently got into the DSLR side of things, and started out with a Canon RebelXT which evolved into a 10D, then a 20D (got rid of the XT at this point), and then up to current which is in my signature. I have been labeled "The Machine" by Mike as I always try to have a camera in hand or with me... and I tend to take long drives to shoot on a whim. I also recently took my long range shooting to a whole new level (and my bank funds to a whole new low) with the purchase of a Canon 500/4 IS lens. For the day to day shooting I use a Canon Pro-1 which is a point-n-shoot with L-Glass in it.
    TRJ Photography
    National Press Photographers Assn. Member (NPPA)
    Canon User:1DMII/20D/10D(IR)/1nRS/Pro-1/Some L Glass

modest online portfolio up here http://www.cardullophotography.com/portfolio/ff/

75% are from the past year, 20% from last year, 5% from years past
    -Francis
    Samsung i770 Saga | Verizon Wireless | U.S.A.
    Abandoning in favor of a Droid....

Here are some pics I have taken recently. http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mcdona...m?.dir=3732re2

I hope you can see them. I am using a canon G6 powershot.

Tell me what you think.

Becca

Hack this...
    Ok, I'll bite.

My main gallery is located at Dev-Inspire Studios

However it seems that I'm lazy and editing flash is a major PITA, so you'll find all my most recent works at my Dev-Inspire Studios Flickr page.

Thanks for looking.
    Need Content Developers for Dev-Hack.Com
    Modding your children since 1997

Great shots Vexamus... I especially like the pool series. The main page took a very long time to load though... Some great car shots on the Flickr page too. Be sure to check out NorthEastFoto... you are within our target geography and there are some very could car photographers on there too.
    Mike - Been Converged?

www.seaviewphoto.com

SeaView Photography
    You'll be able to tell, I prefer to shoot surfing. Most of the family shots are in private galleries on this site.

I started with the Rebel G and then found digital. Got the 30D after the Digital Rebel. Got the 70-300 IS after a Phoenix 100-400. I'm now looking for a 70-200 f2.8L IS and TCs. Does the addiction stop at some point? I had a 300 L on my 30D and was amazed at the difference from the 70-300.
    Last edited by SD James; 04-18-2007 at 11:13 PM.

Pretty Darn Adorable kevinandamanda's Avatar
    Aw, man, Mike, I am so jealous of your equipment. That is one fully loaded camera bag I'd love to have.

My gallery --> Monster Paparazzi

Right now I've got the XTi with the 85mm f/1.8, 50mm f/1.8, 70-200mm f/4.0L, a Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8

I shoot pics of bars and clubs for my website.... capturing your nights out : HotPartynights.com. I use an Olympus E-510 with a 14-42mm f3.5-5.6. It's just the lenses that came with the body but it works great for bars and clubs. Eventually I will buy some more lenses and an external flash

New to forum...I'm upgrading to the Samsung sgh-i760 PDA phone and should receive it next week. My galleries are here and my site is here.

Here's my gear list...99% complete...I think.

Cameras & Accessories
    Canon Digital EOS 40D
    Canon Digital EOS 30D

Lenses
    Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Lens
    Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM
    Canon EF 50mm f1.8
    Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM

Accessories
    (1) Canon Speedlite 580EX II
    (2) Canon Speedlite 430EX
    42" 5in1 reflector light disc set
    (3) AlienBee B800s~Transmitter-Receivers-Brolleybox-Lightstands, etc.
    Canon COMPACT BATTERY PACK CP-E4
    Canon BG-E3 BATTERY GRIP (30D)
    Canon BG-E2N BATTERY GRIP (40D)
    Stroboframe Flash bracket
    Sekonic L-358 Flash Meter
    Canon TC-80N3 Timer Remote Controller
    Canon ST-E2 Transmitter
    Canon Off-camera shoe
    Bogen-Manfrotto 680B (Monopod)
    DynaTran Pro TriPod w/quick release plate, grip action ball head, adjustable height (reversible) center column and carry case

Bags
    Tenba ProDigital 2.0 PB-17C Camera/laptop case
    Lowepro Trekker 200 Backpack
    Tamrac 5546 Adventure Backpack
    LowePro Topload Zoom AW75 Holster
    Last edited by dd974; 07-13-2008 at 10:46 AM.

Welcome aboard, dd974!

I too have a Canon 40D. I bought in December and have become addicted to it already. I've been eyeing (drooling over?) the 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM. How do you like it? I've been wanting to buy it, but am choking over the $1,600 price tag, especially as I've already dropped a lot of money on lenses in the past 6 months or so.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

I love the 70-200...it's a workhorse. My new 17-55 is my walk-around lens...these two I use most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by dd974 View Post
    I love the 70-200...it's a workhorse. My new 17-55 is my walk-around lens...these two I use most of the time.
    Picked up the 17-55 in May. It's been great so far, but the focal length is just a wee bit shorter than what I need to capture photos of my 7-year-old's basketball games.

With the economy what it is right now, I think I'm going to hold off on the 70-200 even thought Canon currently is offering a $200 instant rebate on it. I'm hoping Canon will offer a similar rebate in December and that I can pick it up at that time.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

I shoot a lot of concerts for Honest Tune magazine and just for fun

Nikon D300 and a host of lenses

Here's a four day festival in South Florida from last year.

Chris Hight (jambandfan)'s photos- powered by SmugMug

Chris
    Last edited by lord_nikon; 04-15-2009 at 08:45 PM.

Well, I finally set up my gallery on SmugMug (as a trial). You can get to it at www.eye2thworldphoto.com. Let me know what you think. Just keep in mind that I'm still getting it set up.
    Last edited by iProb8; 05-12-2009 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Fix hyperlink.
    -Jay

Looks good Jay. I like the darker backgrounds best.
    Mike - Been Converged?

Quote Originally Posted by Convergent View Post
    Looks good Jay. I like the darker backgrounds best.
    Thanks, Mike. I'll still have several galleries to upload and then I'll play with the themes a bit.
    -Jay

Cool, nice shots folks! Here is one of my galleries

Flickr: Invisodude's Photostream

Quote Originally Posted by ronpfid View Post
    Cool, nice shots folks! Here is one of my galleries

Flickr: Invisodude's Photostream
    Very, very nice gallery. I especially like the last one on page 8 ("Lucky Shot")--what an aptly captioned photo!
    -Jay