+ Reply to Thread

Congressional Medal of Honor

My Great-Great Grandfather fought in the Indian Wars, rode the Pony Express, and was a Cincinnati Police Officer. There are many great stories I can tell you, but today I was requested to take some photos of his Congressional Medal of Honor he was awarded for his bravery at the Battle of Milk River in Colorado, Sept. 29, 1879 to Oct. 5, 1879.

I thought I would share them with you all as well as I am happy they will be passed down through the family through me, and hopefully if I ever have kids, to my kids as well.

We have a great letter written by his wife explaning MANY stories of his life, as well as the accounts of bravery during the battle, both in her letters, and mentioned in many books.

So enjoy a rare chance to see a Congressional Medal of Honor, as well as one of the first series of them, issued in 1879. (the Congressional Medal of Honor was established in 1812).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Congressional Medal of Honor-medal-back-large-.jpg   Congressional Medal of Honor-medal-back-all-large-.jpg   Congressional Medal of Honor-medal-front-large-.jpg   Congressional Medal of Honor-medal-box-large-.jpg  

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    Wow... very cool.
    Mike - Been Converged?

Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    Ditto!

I am always interested in this type of stuff.

That is very cool!

Accredited vagrant
    You and your family can be proud of his service. Thank you for sharing.