+ Reply to Thread

Photo's for Digital Photography Course

Hey everyone, I'm taking a digital photography class and thought I'd post some things as I went. I'm up for suggustions. Right now I have a crappy point and click digital from olympus that I hate. October 1st I'm getting a Rebel XTI.

Here's my shot for the night (the assignment is to think about rule of thirds and/or black and white) (first assignment of the semester)

I found this truck in the town of Huntingdon on a side street.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photo's for Digital Photography Course-p9120045_filteredb-w-medium-.jpg  
    Last edited by tange1; 09-12-2006 at 10:19 PM.
    Thanks
    - Andrew - PDAPhoneHome.com

Well the eye being directed to the whitest spot in the windshield almost makes the rule of thirds. Picture is fine, perhaps a sepia tone.

Heres my final set of black and whites (by final i mean they are turned in for grading).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photo's for Digital Photography Course-1-medium-.jpg   Photo's for Digital Photography Course-2-increased-contrast2-medium-.jpg   Photo's for Digital Photography Course-4-medium-.jpg   Photo's for Digital Photography Course-5-medium-.jpg  
    Thanks

Nice, develop them yourself ?

These are all digital shots, I haven't printed most of them. The only one I've printed is the 1st graveyard scene.
    Thanks

It's just that half the fun with b/w is developing in a darkroom.

A few years back I learned the basics of developing b & W in the darkroom...a bit of a pain in rear as I recall.
    Thanks

B/W, simple, color is the pain, expensive chemicals, short shelf lives, temperature critical.

With the truck I would have gone over to the side a bit more (over to the left), the angle just seems slightly off, other than that tis pretty good.

the woman in the graveyard is probably the best pic there, for the steps I would have come down a little bit, so it was more of a towering shot.

Ok, another installment of shots for class. This weeks assignment was 'Tension'. No other direction was really given. This time I'm prowd to report that all of these shots are from my brand new Canon Rebel Xti (with kit lense for the time being)! Thus far these are untouched and not necessarily my final shots for turning in. The weather was crappy when these were taken but for at least a few of them the overcast, stormy sky, helped set the mood.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photo's for Digital Photography Course-img_0110-medium-.jpg   Photo's for Digital Photography Course-img_0109-medium-.jpg   Photo's for Digital Photography Course-img_0131-medium-.jpg   Photo's for Digital Photography Course-img_0140-medium-.jpg   Photo's for Digital Photography Course-img_0144-medium-.jpg  

Thanks

Just one more shot since the max is 5.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photo's for Digital Photography Course-img_0320-medium-.jpg  
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mob33
    the woman in the graveyard is probably the best pic there, for the steps I would have come down a little bit, so it was more of a towering shot.
    Thanks I like the woman in the graveyard shot also (it wasn't posed). I think your right about the steps, looking back on it I could have had better shots at that location.
    Thanks