+ Reply to Thread

ActiveSync Just Quit Working

Activesync has stopped working. My G1000 connects, but does not sync and says no partnership. There is no option manually create one. I have uninstalled/reinstalled both activesync and pda/phone drivers. I rebooted, hard reset my phone, etc, etc. I have an IPaq with the same problem. Different cables. The last resort is to reload my PC... (Which would suck!)

I can make them work on another PC, but I need it to work on my main PC for syncronization.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ted

Administrator
    so there are no partners showing? if you did a full uninstall and deleted temp. files and reinstalled, you should be a-ok.

what were u doing just prior to this? did you load up something or delete anything or install another device? sounds like its something on your pc since you can sync to another computer...

The only change I can think of is Windows update. I am currently trying to uninstall the latest updates i did, and will see if that works.

Did Windows Update include SP2 for Windows XP. If so you could be doomed. Our IT departments testing has show that SP2 for XP can cause a tremendous amount of difficult with any application that uses internet communication.

Can you backout the Windows update?
    intelli

Will try the SP2 uninstall, but I did the prerelease beta, and had no problems. (DOES NOT MEAN ANYTHING!!!) I will post my result if it works.

I downloaded Service Pack 2 and have had no problems with sync or anything else.
    SteveM
    Sprint HTC EVO 4G

I cannot get SP2 to install. Maybe I have been lucky. Have had a lot of problems with ActiveStink over the years. I have never heard of these symptoms but there is a good chance it is SP2. MS now offers a hand-holding service for those of us that have gone or attempted to go through the upgrade:

http://support.microsoft.com/default...doffer80&sd=GN

They have responded to my e-mails promptly. But the uninstall is not a real uninstall....
    Sprint: G1000, HTC-6600, 6800, now TP2
    Windroid: Energy.ROM.28244.Sense2.5/Android 2.1
    Overclocked to 729Mhz

Uninstalled SP2. Did not work. Backed up system and installed fresh copy of WinXP. Installed Office 2k3. Installed Activesync. Sync worked! Installed Windows XP SP2. Tried syncing again. It Works! It is now all working, so I don't think it is WinXP SP2.