+ Reply to Thread

Uploading to the G1000 using BitPim

I've managed to download files from the G1000 and make alterations (specifically the MSL number in nvm/nvm/nvm_0002) but BitPim returns an error every time I try to upload it back to the phone:

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "gui.pyo", line 197, in run
    File "gui.pyo", line 138, in __call__
    File "gui.pyo", line 1060, in writefile
    File "com_lgvx4400.pyo", line 660, in writefile
    File "com_lgvx4400.pyo", line 889, in sendbrewcommand
    File "com_lgvx4400.pyo", line 929, in _sendbrewcommand
    BrewCommandException: Brew Error 0x0b

Any ideas on how to make BimPim upload and overwrite the file, or what other software I should use?

Alcatraz Island, San Francisco, California
    I am not sure your going to be able to replace these files since they are more then likely stored in the ROM or they are protected by the operating system of the phone.

That's quite possible, though I know that at least a few of those files are capable of being written to. nva/nva/nva_0000 contains the current phone number, which of course can be altered. It seems that these files are written to during bootstrap, probably by flashing. In any case, I'm pretty sure that the nva_0002 file can be overwritten - though it might not be possible with BitPim and it almost certainly won't be pretty.

Thanks for the info, it did what I wanted it to do (change the MSL), but my situation's still not fixed.
    Basically, my provider is Working Assets, a Sprint reseller who only deals in 3 models of phones. So I need to make my G1000 look like my Nokia 3588i, and I'm assuming that changing enough numbers will accomplish that. Any ideas if this is even possible, and if so which numbers I need to change?

Damn. Is there any way to get my ESN recognized by Working Assets, short of sweet-talking one of their techs to enter it (oh, how I've tried...)? How do people get a Sprint G1000 to work with Verizon?