+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy I dropped my G1000

It was charging with the Synch cable connected to my computer when it fell. Since then it acts dead unless I do a hard reset. At this point the first screen comes up but it quickly vanishes and nothing else happens. I can soft reset it at this point but it always dies son after the first screen appears. Can I do anything to fix it?

Administrator
    is your reset switch in the battery door still working? can you slide it on and off? also make sure your battery door is completely CLOSED. it could be loose from the fall.

how long have you had the g? u the first owner? ever had any issues with it other than this?

Quote Originally Posted by Marctronixx
    is your reset switch in the battery door still working? can you slide it on and off?
    Yes it appears to be working just fine; I can slide it on and off. When I do the hard reset is the only time it shows any life - very briefly.
    also make sure your battery door is completely CLOSED. it could be loose from the fall.
    I have done that and contorted it and held the battery in with my hands. Nothing makes it come to life except for the hard reset and that is very brief.
    how long have you had the g? u the first owner? ever had any issues with it other than this?
    I think less than a year. I purchased it Refurbished on eBay and I have had no real problems with it since other than going through a lot of Synch cables.

Administrator
    hmm.. may be a hardware issue. did it drop oin concrete or soft carpet? and the screen you see is the splash scrfeen showing the version #s and other assorted stuff. memory says its some kind of photo in th ebackground of lightning or water... ? apologies for not knowing what shows up.

yeah it just sounds like the phones OS is not booting up after the startup screen. and if you can confirm you have done the hard reset properly by using the battery compartment switch and leaving it in the on position for atleast 11 minutes, i would say its probably toast...

Check the battery cover. as you remove the cover, look at the two retaining tabs that hold the cover in place. Looking at the outside of the battery cover with the tabs facing up, check to see that the left retaining tab is not broken. If it is, thats the problem. The tab activates a small microswitch which tells the phone the battery cover is in place. No activation of the switch, the phone will not turn on. You get the Sprint start-up up screen, but thats all. Phone shuts down. Possibly disable the microswitch (remove it?) either short the contacts or not. One or the other will hopefully tell the phone the battery cover is in place and trick? it to work. Hope this suggestion works. I had a bad G-1000 that I bought for parts and inadvertantly discovered this solution.