+ Reply to Thread

How is the Bluetooth?

Like many here were I'm a 6700 user. I hate the fact that the bluetooth is a known issue on the 6700/6800's. Is it any better on the 5800 or is this a reoccurring HTC theme. It would be nice to cut the wires and get my wep200 out of storage.

As I havent actualy held it in my hands I'm curious to know what you all think about the size compared to the 6800. Verizons web sights gives measurements very close to one anothere. I have read comments on it being substanualy smaller than the 6700.
    Last edited by Vidiot; 02-08-2008 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidiot View Post
    Like many here were I'm a 6700 user. I hate the fact that the bluetooth is a known issue on the 6700/6800's. Is it any better on the 5800 or is this a reoccurring HTC theme. It would be nice to cut the wires and get my wep280 out of storage.

As I havent actualy held it in my hands I'm curious to know what you all think about the size compared to the 6800. Verizons web sights gives measurements very close to one anothere. I have read comments on it being substanualy smaller than the 6700.
    What bluetooth issue are you having trouble with? I'm a 6700 convert over to the new SMT5800 and its working fine (plantronics). With that said, 90% of the time I used bluetooth on my 6700 so I could hear better and it was cumbersome to hold to my head for any length of time. I've had the SMT for 2 weeks now and only used bluetooth once (long conf call in the car), otherwise I now prefer just using the phone due to it's size and convenience.

Size: I think they are similar (6800 vs SMT) with SMT being a bit smaller, real advantage is the keypad on the front, this has big a big improvement and convenience for me in calling and texting.

Thanks, good to hear. The problems with the 6700 bluetooth consist of the bluetooth shutting off on its own with the indicators showing it still active (sometimes). This would sometimes happen in the middle of a call. It is not reliable enough. When it works, it works great but once it shut off there was no getting it back for a while. Just curious if this is a prob on the 5800 also. I use a head set for long tech support to and from me since they usually require hands free opporation. So the lack of reliable BT is keeping me from upgrading to the 6800.

Can someone please test for a couple days.

I haven't had any problems so far using my Plantronics Voyager bluetooth headset with the 5800. I am considering getting a stereo bluetooth headset though (something like the Plantronics 590a or BlueAnt X5, either of which I could theoretically use with a PC or other audio device in addition to the phone). Has anyone run into issues with the A2DP on the 5800?

I have a plantronics 850 (stereo, very small) and the a2dp is ok, but you need to reg hack it to sound ok. Currently I am experiencing dropping of the signal when the i760 and HTC Shadow didn't. I am going to try to get a new one at the store tomorrow to see if it is a problem with my device, or the libra in general.

i'm using a cheapie motorola BT (850? does not have a swing out boom) for phone calls and am quite impressed at how much faster and more reliable it pairs than it did with my Q.

i'm looking to add a BT stereo headset so i can stop carrying an mp3 player in my travels, so any more feedback in that capacity would be great. any suggestions for stereo BT headsets to consider?

ahm

OK so I brokedown and bought the 5800 after posting. I've had it a week today and can say its nice to get in the car or be on a tech call and know the bluetooth is just going to work. This is very much unlike my 6700 was.

Hear are my new ?'s

What is the hack to turn up in call volume on bluetooth and...

I remember being able to change the chanel the bluetooth was on to clear up noise on the 6700 via a reg entry. Any one know how on the 5800.