+ Reply to Thread

Xbar3 Task Manager

I think I've just stumbled upon quite possibly one of the best task managers for our phones. You access it by holding the center button to bring up a small popup menu. You can switch programs in real time as well as close programs on the fly. The only other program that does this for the smartphone is SmartToolkit, but I've always found it too cumbersome and a bit buggy at times. This program on the other hand is completely hidden and only comes up when you want it to. I admit the ram usage display is pretty basic, but the fact I can switch programs just as if I have a tabbed bar makes it worth a million bucks to me.

Xetra - xBar 2 / Presentation

Edit: Hitting the # key brings up a full screen information display on your memory. Holding the # key seems to do some sort of hibernate memory cleaning. There is a bug with these features though. They both display a screen and after you close them, some of the window sticks to the desktop for a few seconds and then vanishes. Not really anything to write home about, but so far that seems to be the only real bug I've found.
    Last edited by vaxick; 03-04-2008 at 12:06 AM.

this definitely looks interesting... i am going to have to try it out on my Q9m i think.

So far I'm really liking this program. Shocking there isn't anything else really like it out there for smartphones and all we mostly seem to have is task managers that take a mile to get to. I'm thinking about making a skin for the app to get rid of that temp gauge that does not work for crap. I spent an entire day entering test values and eventually it just boosted back up to an insane temp.