+ Reply to Thread

4GB SD Cards and 2.5mm jack

Anyone else on this thread concerned with the propreitary handsfree connection that also serves as the USB and charging port? Why didn't they put in a standard 2.5 mm jack? And, what's the largest SD card it will take. Some people on the S710 forum on HTC's site are complaining about larger cards (cards over 2GB) not working properly. I wonder if the Libra will have the same limitation. I swear, it's always something.

Unfortunately, almost no Telus or Qwest customers have joined this forum or HTC's forum. So, it's hard to get information about the phone from people who have actually used it. I supposed that's a good thing. No chatter = no problems?

Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil_Sunshine View Post
    Anyone else on this thread concerned with the propreitary handsfree connection that also serves as the USB and charging port? Why didn't they put in a standard 2.5 mm jack? And, what's the largest SD card it will take. Some people on the S710 forum on HTC's site are complaining about larger cards (cards over 2GB) not working properly. I wonder if the Libra will have the same limitation. I swear, it's always something.

Unfortunately, almost no Telus or Qwest customers have joined this forum or HTC's forum. So, it's hard to get information about the phone from people who have actually used it. I supposed that's a good thing. No chatter = no problems?
    Both the i760 and 5800 were designed and built during the same time period. We know that the i760 has size envi so I would assume that the 5800 will be the same.

VZW really sat on these devices too long.

they definitely sat way too long, especially how fast htc puts stuff out on the market.
    also, i am pretty sure that all the newest htc units out there sport those micro usb ports to charge, sync, and use for headphones. i think everyone will be going to the micro usb ports soon as they are talking about making that the standard out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Miata492 View Post
    they definitely sat way too long, especially how fast htc puts stuff out on the market.
    also, i am pretty sure that all the newest htc units out there sport those micro usb ports to charge, sync, and use for headphones. i think everyone will be going to the micro usb ports soon as they are talking about making that the standard out there.
    Seriously, you think manufacturers are going to do away with the 2.5mm jack?! That's horrible. I saw a couple of reviews that pointed this out as a negative. So, I'm hoping HTC will abandon this idea in its next generation of devices. You cannot really have a multimedia device without the 2.5mm jack because the media is such a battery drainer. I listen to music and podcasts all day long on my Q. I have to bring my charger to work. Also, I have this great 3.5mm jack adapter that I plug into my car stereo tape adaptor. It's like a poor mans Onstar. After all this waiting and anticipation, this could be a deal breaker. It does come with a couple of adaptors. So, I'll get it and see if I can live with the adaptors. If not, I'll exchange it for a Q9M.