+ Reply to Thread
    PhoneGeek

Angry Dial Pad disappears while in a call

I find one thing very annoying about the TP2 and that is the Dial pad keep on disappearing when I am on a phone call.

I will place a call. Put the phone up to my ear. The phone goes blank as it should.

Then say I need to dial an extension or key in some menu items.

I have to bring the phone down and it will be back to the today screen. Then I must hit phone again and it shows who I'm talking to then I must hit key pad to hit the number that I want for say a menu item. By this time the automatic system I'm talking to, like Verizon Voice mail is saying "are you still there?"

Anyone else seeing this and is there a fix?.

I've had the same experience with the keypad. I think it was during the activation. Looks like we both are coming from the i760. The Samsung was ugly and had a terribly unresponsive screen, but was like a glove in the hand.
    I could stretch my thumb to the d-pad and scroll around the screen with the keybord extended then just pick right up typing without missing a beat. The 2 function buttons on the front and on the keyboard made accessing the options menus or "Back" function a breeze. It will take some getting used to; constantly reaching for the screen when the using the keyboard and using virtual number pad.
    Last edited by mc_365; 09-17-2009 at 11:00 PM.

there must be a fix - I have to hold it away from my ear to keep the keypad on - it is a real pain for voicemail.
    Fix anyone?
    stevedrummer
    "A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
    - Herm Albright

while i'm on a call, and then tilt the phone in front of my face, the screen turns on and I'm at the dial screen, so I'm not sure why you are at the home screen. Are you dialing from your favorites (within touch flo)?
    I am going through and going into my contact then dialing from there. maybe that is why?

Pretty much anytime the screen turns off it usually takes you back to the main touch flo screen.

So just a bit ago I was typing an email on the real keyboard and accidently hit the power button.. screen went blank. So when I turned it back on, it went back to the dang touch flo home page... Not a big deal because I just hit the mail icon and it goes back to my message, but it still bothers me...

It's a known bug in TF3D and appears when the PIN lock is enabled. It also causes the home screen to reappear when resuming from sleep rather than displaying the last screen prior to sleep. See this thread: How to stop defaulting back ot the home tab - PPCGeeks

A work around if you need to lock the device is to disable the WM PIN lock then install a third party lock app like S2U2 (slide to unlock version 2).
    Last edited by kdonahue; 09-24-2009 at 09:16 AM.

Administrator
    that wont work if you have to have an exchange policy-enforced pin lock.

True. SPB Mobile Shell doesn't reproduce the problem but there are issues with the dialer menus.

Disappears

I originally opened this issue on the PPC site and also contacted HTC directly. HTC is saying it is 'by design' and you can simply click the SEND button on the phone to return to the phone screen.

In my opinion, this might be 'by design', but it is POOR design!

I'll let you know if I hear anything else from HTC.

RTD
    I was going through the same problem and i just installed the TP2 tweaks cab and that problem has gone away

Screen Lock

RTD >> Do you have the screen lock turned on?

RTD
    Yes, I am using my device lock with a pin#. Between all the call I have made between yesterday and today,the phone has yet reverted back to the home screen.

Quote Originally Posted by RTD View Post
    Yes, I am using my device lock with a pin#. Between all the call I have made between yesterday and today,the phone has yet reverted back to the home screen.
    Hmmm..Which fix do you think corrected the problem???

RTD
    I have no idea I was skeptical about downloading the cab but now that I have I dont regret it. Especially now that it fixed that annoying bug!

Post the cab

Quote Originally Posted by RTD View Post
    I have no idea I was skeptical about downloading the cab but now that I have I dont regret it. Especially now that it fixed that annoying bug!
    Can you please post the URL to the cab or upload the cab to this discussion?

Thanks!

RTD