+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ActiveSync problems

I am having problems syncing my Touch. I have had many successful syncs, but many times, ActiveSync will not recognize the Touch. Sometimes I get the message that it can't sync offering me the troubleshooter (and I've tried everything the troubleshooter suggested) and sometimes just nothing happens. Sometimes soft resetting the phone and/or rebooting the PC helps, but right now I'm stuck and can't get it to synch for anything? Any thoughts? Thanks.

i take it you have made a partnership.
    T Mobile UK ~ T Mobile (HTC) MDA Touch GSM ~ WM6 ~ 8G SD.

Yes, I've made partnership and it works some of the time. But at least 50% of the time I plug it in, either nothing happens or it tries to to synch and I get the message that it can't synch and it offers the troubleshooter.

Did you update activesync with the disc that came with the Touch?

No, I'm using the latest version downloaded from Microsoft.com -- is there a difference?

The last guy I helped with this problem didn't use the disk that came with the Touch either and his problem went away when he loaded it. No guarantee but worth a try.

Thanks. I guess I'll have to try that.

I have been having this exact same problem, it's probably more like 75% of the time though. I used the disc that shipped with the touch.

Try no hub

I had the same problem and it seemed unfixable until I tried making sure that the USB is plugged into its own unshared port instead of a hub. Now it seems to sync every time.I still haven't got the bluetooth to Sync though.The Touch keeps saying that it can't find a computer that has a bluetooth partnership, even though the computer says there is an active connection.

I did recently switch from a hub (back of my Dell LCD monitor -- same place I used to plug in my PPC 6700 without a problem) to a motherboard USB port and it seems to be 95% better -- still get the problem occasionally but it is mostly okay. Wonder why it is different than the PPC 6700 that was okay off the hub? It is kind of awkward now as the USB cable is kind of short and the reach from my box under my desk is kind of long, but it is doable. Thanks.

boe
    I was getting the 80072f7d sync error until I went into settings communications and turned off USB to PC.
    Want better phone selection from Sprint? http://www.smartphoneforums.com/foru...ease-read.html

I received my touch in the mail on monday. And when i initially tried to sync with my pc, it was unsuccesful. But I noticed I had my lock on the device. So I unlocked it, and it was succesful. It must have happened about 4 times in 10 minutes, and every time it was because my screen was locked..

Hope the info was helpful
    treo 600, treo 650, treo 700wx, ppc 6700, HTC MOGUL, HTC TOUCH

I've tried to turn off USB to PC numerous times, but each time I just get a message saying "failed to disable RNDIS to use Serial". How did you do it?

Angry

Anyone make any progress with this issue??

I have tried everything with my wifes MDA touch, but it just doesn't want to synchronise - I have no problems syncing any of my phones that I currently use or old ones that I still have.

When we first got the MDA we had no problems - it synced fine but recently it won't ever sync.

It's a bit rubbish if it doesn't work properly!

Mine does the same thing...sometimes it connects just fine, other times it just won't connect no matter how often I plug/unplug it. It happened just a while ago and I rebooted the computer to see if that would help, but it didn't, so I soft reset the phone and the computer finally found the phone but the synch failed, I unplugged it again and the synch was fine...

FLAAAAAAKYYYY!

[FIX] ActiveSync error 80072f7d

Hi All,

One of my users had this error today. I was able to fix it by applying the same "LSPValue" registry fix that resolves ActiveSync error 80072f78.

The problem is the default Layered Service Provider (LSP) in Windows does not always allow internet passthrough.

Add the following value to the registry:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows CE Services]
    "AllowLSP"=dword:00000000

For convenience, I also uploaded a zipped file (LSPValue.reg) that automatically adds the registry key.

Good luck!
    , V
    Attached Files

Valdemar23

This is a regedit to be made on the PC, not the phone, correct?

Yeah...I want to know too...PC or phone?

I am not one to sing praises for Windows Vista, but the Touch works great with Vista, no Activesync needed!

Fixed for me!

Thanks Valdemar23

Soft Reset

I was receiving that "Failed to disable RNDIS to use Serial" error when trying to disable the advanced USB to Computer option which caused the ActiveSync and a non-ActiveSync connection to not work and make my computers simply a battery charger for my HTC Touch. All I did to fix was proform a soft reset while the phone was attached to my laptop/desktop that needed to be repaired.

Hope this helps someone.