+ Reply to Thread

Att 8525 and wireless 802.11ngb wap (belkin n router) wont connect...

Has anyone had any success connecting to wireless access points (particularly a Belkin N1) with this one.. We have a Belkin N1 wireless access point, set to use all 3 modes (n, g, b etc).. for some reason I can't connect.. I can connect with a samsung i730 just fine.. using WPA-PSK and the key.. I set the same things on this device but it wont connect..

I'm beginning to wonder if its a compatibility issue b/w this ATT phone and the WAP.. I hate to have to buy a seperate wap just for one phone/pda on our business network...

Just curious what the success rate has been on n access points?

Thanks

Out Of Control PPC User merkman's Avatar
    I have the same Belkin N1 Wireless Router at home, but have never tried using it with my cell. With my unlimited data on the phone, or just plugging it into the PC and sharing the network with the mini-usb jack... it's never come up.

I'll try to remember to try this in the near future, but no promises what with the sinus headache I'm trying to work around this afternoon.
    Cingular 8525 with Black 3.0.1 ROM (WM6)
    Paired: Sony MEX-BT2500 (car stereo w/ audio streaming, it's AWESOME!), i.Trek GPS w/ i.Guidence software, a few PC's

Quote Originally Posted by markm75 View Post
    Has anyone had any success connecting to wireless access points (particularly a Belkin N1) with this one.. We have a Belkin N1 wireless access point, set to use all 3 modes (n, g, b etc).. for some reason I can't connect.. I can connect with a samsung i730 just fine.. using WPA-PSK and the key.. I set the same things on this device but it wont connect..

I'm beginning to wonder if its a compatibility issue b/w this ATT phone and the WAP.. I hate to have to buy a seperate wap just for one phone/pda on our business network...

Just curious what the success rate has been on n access points?

Thanks
    having trouble too, wont connect!