+ Reply to Thread

help simplify adding M2M entries please

Somehow, it won't let me PASTE phone numbers into the Number: field of the Add M2M/Free Call menu. Is there an easier way to add mobile number?

I know the feature about using wildcards; however, with the new phone number portability law, I can't always ensure that I'm tracking M2M calls (IN-Network now for us VzW customers).

Is there any way to use categories from a contact lists and have PD automatically match mobile calls from that category and tabulate it as M2M?

I hope this makes sense. I'll try to explain: I have a category "VzW" for my contact list. John Doe is part of the VzW category. I get a call from his mobile and PD automatically logs that call as a M2M call. I get a call from his home number and PD logs it as Peak or Offpeak (or weekend).

Is something like this possible? If not, can I at least paste my numbers in?

I'm down to 4 days left on my trial. Please advise.

Hm...

Well, my trial time is over. It would have been nice to have my issue above addressed. However great this program may be, I'm disappointed with the "support" and how laggy it makes my device.
    HoHum*
    *someone who bought the Palm Professional the day it came out and hasn't "upgraded" until the i700 on 2004-03-11. Imagine HoHum's glee. HoHum is now using the i760. Yippee!

Converged
    HoHum -

Sorry about not responding to your post earlier -- some things:

1) Regarding the lagginess of the device -- make sure you try the most recent version of the software (build date March 21) -- this should fix much of the lagginess.

2) Regarding M2M entries -- if you have a lot of them, this may also slow down the recalculations that occur after you make a phone call. This is our next area of focus for performance improvements, but will take a couple weeks to get to.

3) Entering M2M entries -- I am not sure why you cannot paste into the edit box where you input an M2M entry -- I can look into this. Your idea about automatically classifying the mobile numbers in the contacts list is also interesting, and may be feasible to implement. One other mechanism I had thought about to enter the M2M entries was to have a tap-and-hold on the call log screen to identify a number as mobile to mobile -- this way, you could just go to the call log and select the numbers that you want to "tag" as M2M. What do all of you think of this?

Regards,
    Hudson Mobile Support
    Hudson Mobile Technologies, LLC
    Software for Networked Devices
    www.hudsonmobile.com

Born Again Convergin ChrisSpera's Avatar
    Originally posted by hudsonmobile
    One other mechanism I had thought about to enter the M2M entries was to have a tap-and-hold on the call log screen to identify a number as mobile to mobile -- this way, you could just go to the call log and select the numbers that you want to "tag" as M2M. What do all of you think of this?
    This is in the Phone Dashboard call log, not the phone's call log, right??
    Kind Regards,
    Christopher Spera
    Gear Diary Review Team

Converged
    Yes -- that is the only one we have control over!
    Hudson Mobile Technologies, LLC
    Software for Networked Devices
    www.hudsonmobile.com