+ Reply to Thread
    Born Again Convergin ChrisSpera's Avatar

Log File Location

Noah,

Just a thought here... I recently had to do a hard reset due to some problems I was experiencing with my i700. I lost a HUGE amount of Hudson Mobile PD data because I forgot to move the log file to a safe location before the HR.

I'd like to suggest that PD's logs be stored in \My Documents\Phone Dashboard (or a similar directory structure...) That way, the files are copied to the desktop, and are in a standardized area, safe from the Homer Simpson, "DOH!" because I forgot to move my latest log file...

Thanks!
    Kind Regards,
    Christopher Spera
    Gear Diary Review Team

bump.

Noah,

We haven't heard anything from you in nearly 2 months. How are the mods to Phone Dashboard going?

Do you need help with anything?
    Kind Regards,
    Christopher Spera
    Gear Diary Review Team

Converged
    Ugh... Day job has been killing me... Haven't had much time to do anything at all besides sleep, eat and work.

I just posted a quick fix that should help i700 users who have upgraded to WM2003 - basically, the code that detects the i700 stopped working because of the new OS version - I think the version I just posted (build date August 1) will fix this.

This log file thing should be pretty easy to do as well - I will look into it.

I haven't heard nearly any complaints about stability, memory leaks, etc. for the last few months - so I think we are in pretty decent shape there, although if not please let me know.

Regards,
    Noah
    Hudson Mobile Technologies, LLC
    Software for Networked Devices
    www.hudsonmobile.com

Things have been pretty good. I've been using the current version of PD on my upgraded i700... Its been ok, but there have been some freezes. I'll pull down this latest version and will let you know how things go.

I know of real life can intrude. My wife and I are expecting a baby in March, and its kinda turned things upside down. Took us by complete surprise. Our daughter is 10 1/2 and is just starting the 5th grade. When this one is at that point, she'll be pushing 21, and I'll be near 50. OY! I can't wait!!!
    Kind Regards,
    Christopher Spera
    Gear Diary Review Team