+ Reply to Thread
    Converged

i700 Users with WM2003 Upgrade from Verizon/Samsung

I have just posted a new version that should enable PD to function correctly on i700 devices with the WM2003 upgrade. (Build Date August 1)

Please give me a shout if you have any issues.
    Hudson Mobile Technologies, LLC
    Software for Networked Devices
    www.hudsonmobile.com

Born Again Convergin ChrisSpera's Avatar
    The build date is being reported as May 2, 2004... Can you download the trial from your site?
    Kind Regards,
    Christopher Spera
    Gear Diary Review Team

Converged
    Chris - you were right - I have just reposted to Handango - Build Date should be August 4 - it might take a little while for the cache to update.

However, at least one person has told me that the upgrade didn't solve the issue - I thought there would be a quick fix, but maybe there isn't. I am going to bring my device to WM2003 and investigate further.
    www.hudsonmobile.com

Converged
    OK -

I upgraded my device to WM2003, and figured out what was wrong - the code that detects i700 on the 2002 version of the OS doesn't work under the WM2003 upgrade.

I now check for the i700 in a different way, and it has fixed the issue on my device. Please take a look at Phone Dashboard 1.1.8 Build Date August 14 on Handango and let me know if it works OK with your WM2003-upgraded devices.

Thanks,
    Noah
    www.hudsonmobile.com

Noah,

Did this version remove the Signal Strength metric from being reported on the today screen? I don't seem to see it anymore. I miss seeing this metric being displayed. I found it very valuable. any way of getting it back; or was it causing problems on the i700?
    Kind Regards,
    Christopher Spera
    Gear Diary Review Team

Converged
    Actually, we removed signal strength in 1.1.7 from the i700 - indeed, the function call was causing a memory leak on the i700 that impacted stability. The function call works fine on XDA-type devices.

-noah
    www.hudsonmobile.com

ahh... ok, thanks. I didn't quite see that on my device, but you're the boss. Thanks for the info! I appreciate the info!! I didn't see the info scrolling around and thought I had missed an option when I had upgraded to the latest version.

Thanks for all of your hard work!
    Kind Regards,
    Christopher Spera
    Gear Diary Review Team