+ Reply to Thread

phonedashboard 1.9.3 problems

so i finally got around to installing this again after i hard reset about a month and a half ago. the basic rundown is this, when i start to add numbers into the M2M section Free or M2M it locks up my device. it did it on a particular number also, but it use to not do that on any number. i actually think it has to do with the fact there are hundreds of 1 minute(rounded up) calls and it is being weird about not being able to filter them in a timely fashion. that is just an opinion, and it took one heck of a long time to narrow down my problem :\
    i think a workaround may be to just remove old unnessesary numbers... but i don't know where those are at that phonedashboard looks for them.
    anyone with any ideas or help would be great

Born Again Convergin ChrisSpera's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mipstien
    i actually think it has to do with the fact there are hundreds of 1 minute(rounded up) calls and it is being weird about not being able to filter them in a timely fashion. that is just an opinion, and it took one heck of a long time to narrow down my problem :\
    You're absolutely right. This has been a classic PD problem, and has been since version 1.0. The app just wasn't made to count that high, apparently. I have brought this up with Noah on a number of different occasions, and I don't know how high on the fix list, this is.
    Kind Regards,
    Christopher Spera
    Gear Diary Review Team

so is there anyway to clear out last months cache ?
    one way to fix it would be to combine numbers of 1 min same number phone calls.
    i really think the app is great but i cant say officially.
    dont wanna have to hard reset once a month especially in the middle of the month

The problem should "resolve" itself after your rate plan cycles every month. The issue only shows itself when you get a lot of calls and it tries to graph or chart stuff. This is something that Noah needs to address; and I know its been on his to-do list for a while.

We'll have to wait for him to find a way to deal with all of the calls we're collecting month after month. It will likely require a new way of collecting and storing data...and that's a major change.
    Kind Regards,
    Christopher Spera
    Gear Diary Review Team

Converged
    Hi guys -

I am going to look into this a bit for a 1.9.4 version I hope to get out next week. (some other changes in that version will include flexible weekends, variable call rounding, and some usability fixes).

There are two issues - the code to filter M2M entries is inefficient, and I could certainly see that with a large number of M2M entries, things would get bogged down. A large number of calls and the way the calls are stored would compound this, but I think the M2M will be a quicker fix and give more bang for the buck.

Question: How many M2M entries do you typically have? This will help me do some profiling.
    Hudson Mobile Technologies, LLC
    Software for Networked Devices
    www.hudsonmobile.com

Hey Noah!

I've got 12 entries in M2M, but will be adding a couple or so more in the next few days. I will be making a lot of calls to these numbers, as the calls are free...
    Kind Regards,
    Christopher Spera
    Gear Diary Review Team

Converged
    Chris - thanks for the info. I made some changes last night to the code that should make the M2M checking approximately twice as fast, and will look for a few more optimizations as well. In fact, I just think I came up with another one as I was writing this! Look for 1.9.4 sometime in the next week or so...
    www.hudsonmobile.com

Go Noah! Its you're birthday!!

Thanks dude. I can't tell you how awesome of a developer you are. I appreciate all of your help and am looking forward to this version. If you have any need for formal testing on version 2.0 (if and when it comes out), I **AM** a Software QA Manager, and would love to help!
    Kind Regards,
    Christopher Spera
    Gear Diary Review Team

Converged
    Chris -

Many thanks for the kind words!!! (my birthday is in a couple months, BTW!)

I have just posted 1.9.4 - I will post in a separate thread about what is in that. And now I will be working on 2.0 - so I will call on you for some testing of the SMS tracking functionality. There are some other products out there that claim to track SMS, but they don't seem to work to well. I think I have a found a method that works, but we'll see.

Best,
    Noah
    www.hudsonmobile.com