+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Josh - I too have not found your Grail and sure would like it. could you pelase send it to dfolz@sbcglobal.net

Originally posted by newcelluser
    I'm going to attempt the switch. But this is my first cell phone so I don't have a prior phone number to change to. Can I keep the phone # the same, or is that not a good idea considering the nature of this activity.

Also, can I get some feedback from those users who have successfully performed the switch recently, just so I have some confidence that all of these doors have not already been slammed shut. I'm just looking for a "It works" and to what degree (were all phone functions working?).
    Thanks alot.
    Yes, it works. But I found that the easiest way to switch after you get the phone unlocked (yourself) is to just go to Verizon and tell them to establish new service. They'll tell you it won't work...just tell them to do it anyway and you'll find that it does work.
    Then find a Verizon tech store that can update the phones software (including the PRL) and you'll be all set. I accomplished this without spending any money other than the phone and establishing service of course. My phone works fine with Verizon now and am glad (beyond glad) to get rid of Sprint.
    Good luck and let us know how it goes if you decide to take this route.

Oh yeah...all functions work fine and so does e-mail (I get mine at earthlink) don't pay the additional $6.95 per month, you don't need to, if you've got problems with it just call VerizonWeb at 866-890-2257 and they'll help you.

Re: It works but what happened to the programming code?

Originally posted by joel
    I actually posted this in a slightly different version elsewhere. I too bought the Sprint phone. I followed Burval's great suggestions. I couldn't get the web site to give me the codes so I called customer service. They gave me two numbers. I tried the second, it didn't work. I then tried the first number and it worked. I unchecked the Sprint subsidy lock code box and changed the fsc etc to 000000 and saved the settings and exited. I decided to go back in and look at the programming stuff and I then found the lock code didn't work anymore! When you enter it it now if you use the number that got me in, it says "incorrect service code" and if you use the other number it says "incorrect phone mode". Feeling sheepish that I hadn't had the Verizon store do the whole thing, I went to their White Plains, NY store and said, switch me over, can you help with this. They said, you can't do this period, I said no, call cust serv which they did. After a few minutes they had it running ONLY the following problems are apparent, 1) it goes to Sprint when you enter 611 etc. 2) it still is on KT version 3) I still can't get into programming mode. Can they change the software now without the code? How do I get back in?
    You're programming code should now be 000000.
    Then go to a tech store and have them reflash to KZ and SX files, also update or reflash the PRL and then dial *228 and hit option 2. I found this to be the easiest way (if you can find a tech store).
    Or go to Icobeans website...download the kwpst file then reflash the files yourself.

I finally went to another Verizon store in Manhattan. The tech guy didn't think it would work and tried a partial fix which didn''t work. Then he flashed the phone with all new files since I had removed the Subsidy lock code following advice I found here. Voila a perfectly working phone. This was just last week.

This is a long but useful thread and thanks to all contributors, as I have my 6035 largely working now. Additional thanks to lbocean and Dave Folz for handholding during the process. Here are Dave's notes on what worked, with my add-ins in brackets.

Kevin

Subject: 6035

Sprint 6035 to Verizon
    Hi swamp7 -

I'll let Lbocean tell you for sure your SID, I'm 0002 near Pasadena.

There is a vital sequence of changing from Sprint:

1 - Unlock the phone - you've seen all the discussion about that mess. Sprint makes it really hard. I paid for the code from Pedro. [pedros@ureach.com => $17, via paypal, different email for payment]

2 - Once you can get into Programming:

3 - Change the SC and FSC to 000000 and [under the More… General menu option]

4 - Insert your SID and phone number of cell phone [0002 for LA, on the “less” screen, or on the System screen]

5 - Have Verizon register your phone by accepting it's ESN - best not to tell them it's from Sprint because they may refuse, claiming it can't be done. [888-466-4646, talk to live person]

6 - Dial #228 and download the PRL [this gets me the Sprint PCS service; then spcs tells me the phone is not active on their network; Take these steps: 1) make sure you’re in spot with a strong signal; 2) set the phone to no roaming; 3) try #22801 (me) and #22800 as well…keep trying until you get to a Verizon setting]
    [After this, I went to Preferences, Network, and changed Service to “Verizon”, User Name to “qnc”, password to "qnc", Phone to #777; test via the Connect button on that Prefs Network page]

You're done. The KWPST thing comes last, which I'm still fussing with. [note: I can’t do this because of perverse issue I’m having with my serial cradle. I can’t sync if either a) the phone is on, or b) the power plug is attached to the cradle. If I turn the phone off and unplug the power, sync works fine. It seems I can’t upgrade the phone/palm software without the phone on, and I would not think it wise to try it without being plugged in either. I’ll cope with the current versions in the meantime. (SX 1.0.05, KT 1.0.06)]

swamp7: Congrats! You've made great progress, conquering obstacles I would have given up on.

As I am new here, I don't know if this is possible, but the moderators should mark this thread as a sticky. I tried Kyocera, Sprint, and Verizon and was told everything from "can't be done" to "go to a retail store with a special kit" to "I don't know why this isn't working". I read burval's post and followed his directions until I was permissioned for OTA setup. SUCCESS!!!
    I have found web boards such as these to be full of people who know more about the hardware and software than the purveyors do.

Thanks guys!!

O

What to do with a 6035 that is already up on Sprint? I can't try the web approach to get an unlock becuase it is an active phone. All I really wish to do is upgrade the SX to 1.1.12

Phone is currently
    Sx 1.1.11
    KT 1.1.19
    PRL 10015

Two Sprint stores say they can't upgrade it. The next "full service" store is 30 miles away. I have the .rom and all the tools, I can fire up the kwpst and "talk" to the phone, but without a sc or fsc I can't write updates.

Grrr.....

Originally posted by streger
    All I really wish to do is upgrade the SX to 1.1.12

Phone is currently
    Sx 1.1.11
    KT 1.1.19
    PRL 10015

What does 1112 give you over 1111?

Hash

BTW: KT1123 is out... My phone is KT1123/SX1112

Thank you for all the help...I am back on line synching and able to delete the sound files.....

Thanks again
    Rick

Re: If you need sprint spc codes I can get them for

Originally posted by platanon
    I have access to get sprint spc codes
    send email to platanon@yahoo.com or send me a message here.
    Just contacted platanon, and for $20 and and about 12-18 hours(I had to sleep sometime) after I tried getting the number SC code from Sprint, my phone is ready to join my verizon account with my new 7135.

Going to verizon today to get it programmed.

Sprint 6035 on Verizon - READ THIS FIRST

Thanks to Burval for the excellent how-to on the 6035 unlock and transfer from Sprint to Verizon. It was very helpful.

One change that I found necessary is that you need to

"UNCHECK the "One Time Subsidy Lock" checkbox. "

BEFORE you "Put in "000000" for the SC and the FSC "

the reason is that when you uncheck the box it resets the SC and FSC back to what they were before. I didn't notice the first time and had a heck of a time recovering since then neither the new or old codes would work. I finally saw a post that said to remove the battery....which reset the SC and FSC to the old codes.

other than that I got it working in a couple of hours including the calls to Sprint and Verizon...

Hi, I'm new here, but I've spent hours on this looking for the help I need and it looks like I'm about a year to late.
    To make a long story short, I need the sx1.1.12 rom image to flash my phone. My provider qwest, has shut down all their service centers, and is unwilling and/or uncapable of helping me. I have an insurance replacement phone with sx1.0.05 on it and it's driving me nuts. anyone that can help I would appreciate it, you can e-mail me at billking@cbhp.com. and YES, I have the tool to flash the phone, all I need is the Image. Thanks in advance!!
    Bill