+ Reply to Thread
    musicfreak75

Downloading files to phone

How do you go about downloading files such as games or ringtones.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

gchance
    You read the instruction manual that was included on the CD.

ve2ymm
    You are right... I love this kind of answer... like the Microsoft support or Sprint... We are the support, you don't understand, read the manual... hummm, really not fair !

Downloading Games and Info

Files need to be stored at camlAdd-on

Once the file is saved .... sync your phone. It should automatically add.

IMHO there's an even simpler way of getting the files lined up for installation. SImply double-click on the file and the Palm Install Tool will kick in and walk you through the process.

This process works with all known Palm associated files such as PRC, PDB, PQA, etc.

I believe the previous responder may be just slightly off on the directory to move/copy the file to. I believe it's &lt;driveletter&gt;rogram FilesPalm&lt;1st Initial + Last Name of Palm User&gt;Install.

My Add-on directory has a few files in it that have been there since the Palm software was installed. The best of those files, again IMHO, is Giraffe.prc which is a terrific way to learn grafitti.

Hope this helps.

Re: Downloading files to phone

[quote:a4f5c7b22b][i:a4f5c7b22b]Originally posted by musicfreak75 [/i:a4f5c7b22b]
    [B]How do you go about downloading files such as games or ringtones. [/quote:a4f5c7b22b]

Hmm. Could you be more specific? What do you mean download? From the Internet? Finding or downloading? Download onto your PC for sync'ing, or direct from 'Net to 6035?

Download to your PC and then Sync

:o I don't have constant access to a computer so is there a site to download any software directly to the phone other than pqa's? like an online sync idea? just wondering. Don

Web Syncing

Yes there is such a service almost.

It's called intellasync that Yahoo offers for free.

You sync desktop to Yahoo, then you can access it from wherever you are via the web.

Not exactly what you were looking for, but hey it's free.

And that way your phone doesn't have to be in sync. You just keep the desktop updated by syncing with your phone, then update the yahoo site and you can access it when needed.
    Remember, When the long night comes return to the end of the beginning.

Pardon the intrusion folks but I have discovered Palmreader and Islio thanks to these forums and have d'loaded a couple of e books successfully but the one I want to read is a Tom Clancy novel and it has downloaded as a pdb file.

Now I can see it on the 6035 using Filez etc but "I canna open it mon" - I have been searching but alas must be missing the right connection - can anyone point me into the right forum, search etc or even better just tell me how I get it open to read - I think perhaps two readers mentioned may not accept the pdb format..

Cheers and thanks

Chris
    Chris

Originally posted by Chris
    Pardon the intrusion folks but I have discovered Palmreader and Islio thanks to these forums and have d'loaded a couple of e books successfully but the one I want to read is a Tom Clancy novel and it has downloaded as a pdb file.

Now I can see it on the 6035 using Filez etc but "I canna open it mon" - I have been searching but alas must be missing the right connection - can anyone point me into the right forum, search etc or even better just tell me how I get it open to read - I think perhaps two readers mentioned may not accept the pdb format..

Cheers and thanks

Chris
    A good e-book reader that will open ebooks that are in the pdb format is the Palm Reader available from Palm Digital Media. There is a free version and a $$$ version that includes some worthwhile added features (e.g. font smoothing).
    Dave

Thanks Dave - I have the free version of Palm reader but it doesn't see the pdb book - I'll do some reading on te $$ version.
    Chris

PDB is the standard palm file extension. Ony PRC and PDB files can be located in RAM. With that said, E-books, address books, word documents, pictures, videos... etc all have the XXXXX.pdb file name. So that particular file that you are trying to read could be an E-book or a TealDoc file. The way that apps on your device distinguish the difference from one .pdb to the next is a txt tag that is inside the pdb. You can use a program such as Filez to look at the file details to find out what the txt tag is and that will put you one step closer to finding out what program you need in order to read it.

If all this seems like too much trouble then you can email me the file and i will take a look at it for you.

I hope this helps
    You should be 10% smarter than the equipment you operate. For some of you, the 7135 is not the best choice of equipment.