+ Reply to Thread

Data Charges by Verizon are you being charged $1.99/MB or 1.5 cents a KB ($15/MB)?

When I've accidentally not used QNC and I go onto 1xRTT my statement shows 1.5 cents per KB. But, when I called the Verizon Customer service, I was told that they charge $1.99/MB. Since the 7135 is technically a smart phone, according to their website, "Important: On select smartphone devices, if you do not subscribe to a Data Plan or Data Feature, data usage will be billed at 1.5˘ per KB ($15.36 per MB), unless you add a data block or subscribe to a Wireless Email Feature. Other smartphone devices and all BlackBerry® devices require a Data Plan or a Data Feature."

What are you all seeing? The $1.99/MB charge or the $15/MB charge? Just curious.

Thank you!

P.S. based on another poster's recommendation, I cured my phone's SRCP by baking it in the oven at 245 degrees for 20 minutes. I used a remote thermometer to maintain the temp, placed the RF board right on the oven rack and took it out after 20 minutes and then pressed down a little bit on the MRM 500 board, just for good measure. (My husband thinks I'm nuts when it comes to this phone!) Then I let it cool and placed it back in the phone. Worked the first time I started her up and has been working ever since. That was 4 days ago. Don't know about the Treos, but I did notice that this phone was made in the USA and it's built pretty tough!

Hi Loyal 7135'er
    if you already have a plan, Verizon should not just change you off of it, regardless of their new policy--call back in, ask for an "allowance"

when I had SRCP (get to this in a few lines), I had a hassle switching phones, the first rep changed my plan & turned data off without telling me, and then I called back in and got a 5mb "allowance" after that I would get charged...I'm thinking of trying to get them to up it, so ask for 10 when you call in. If you don't get a rep that will do it, hang up and try someone else...after a few, try going higher, even mention you've been considering changing to sprint...

I recall seeing something about an oven, but did it really work!?!

Did you put the whole phone in the oven, or just the circuit boards!?

Just the phone board?

Can you point me to the link?

Thanks and good luck with the data issue--let us know how it turns out,
    glad to see another 7135'er out there!!

Hi Adam99,

I sent you a PM.

Thanks for the lingo re: allowance. what plan are you on? I'm now on Nationwide and I used to be on America's Choice, so that may have something to do with it. I changed plans earlier this year b/c they offered 100 minutes/months for a year as a bonus and they also said that data would be $1.99/MB. At the time, I wasn't a frequent lurker of this board and didn't realize that it could cause a problem re: data. However, maybe I was on pay as you go $0.015/KB the whole time?

I called Verizon and they said that Verizon "doesn't give anybody a 5MB allowance." Can you tell me more about how you got that?