+ Reply to Thread

QUICK "Fix": 7135 loss of service on VZW

Folks:

I've read a few posts from some of you who have experienced reception problems AND dropouts.

A few hours after I received and setup my 7135 on Verizon, I also encountered a "loss of service" ... while in the charger, the phone went from FULL, DIGITAL signal strength, to the message "Searching for Service".

The first thing I did was power OFF the phone, when I powered the phone back up, the phone went to full signal -- BUT -- NO DIGITAL service (the "D" icon did not display). In this "non-D" state, I was able to MAKE calls, but when I tried to call the 7135, it would NOT ring (although I would hear the ring signal on the land line).

Here's the QUICK FIX -- I reset the phone. Since I did that, I have had NO problems with signal. FYI, you MAY have to do a HARD reset of the 7135 ... but if you've done a hotsync, that shouldn't be a big deal.

Interesting note: when I had a pre-release unit last fall, the SAME THING happened, and the same phone reset fixed the problem.

Anyway, hope this helps.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Fully Converged, painfully at times Kreigz's Avatar
    This happened yesterday morning to me with my 6035 in the cradle. I may have been a cellular network problem.
    The XV6700 is a lot like democracy: They're both less than perfect, but they're the best available ... as far as Verizon is concerned.

Re: QUICK "Fix": 7135 loss of service on VZW

Originally posted by Otter
    Folks:

I've read a few posts from some of you who have experienced reception problems AND dropouts.

A few hours after I received and setup my 7135 on Verizon, I also encountered a "loss of service" ... while in the charger, the phone went from FULL, DIGITAL signal strength, to the message "Searching for Service".

The first thing I did was power OFF the phone, when I powered the phone back up, the phone went to full signal -- BUT -- NO DIGITAL service (the "D" icon did not display). In this "non-D" state, I was able to MAKE calls, but when I tried to call the 7135, it would NOT ring (although I would hear the ring signal on the land line).

Here's the QUICK FIX -- I reset the phone. Since I did that, I have had NO problems with signal. FYI, you MAY have to do a HARD reset of the 7135 ... but if you've done a hotsync, that shouldn't be a big deal.

Interesting note: when I had a pre-release unit last fall, the SAME THING happened, and the same phone reset fixed the problem.

Anyway, hope this helps.
    I have been having problems---I will give it a try!!

Scott

Administrator
    perhaps this is one of the 'bugs' the kyo geeks say would be released.

yeah, the one they said most people wouldn't come accross?