+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Argh!!!

Argh!!!

My 7135 just arrived, and there was no charger in the box! There is a place for it in the packaging, it is just missing.

There was a small charge on the battery, so I at least was able to look at the screen for a few minutes. Also, luckily, I had ordered the car charger from Kyo which also arrived today, so my wonderful new phone is sitting in my car in the garage, and I can't play with it while it charges

Getconnected is overnighting me a new charger, and since it takes the same charger as several other Kyo models, I may just drive down to my local VZW store and pick one up after work to have a spare.

Alan<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Ah, so you have teh cradle, but no AC adaptor?

Re: Argh!!!

Originally posted by alanb
    Getconnected is overnighting me a new charger, and since it takes the same charger as several other Kyo models, I may just drive down to my local VZW store and pick one up after work to have a spare.

Alan
    Specifically, the 2200 series.

Andy

Originally posted by HoTSynC
    Ah, so you have teh cradle, but no AC adaptor?
    Yes. If you tell me it will charge off the USB port after I just laid into all the newbies about searching before they ask, I'll just die.....

Yes. If you tell me it will charge off the USB port after I just laid into all the newbies about searching before they ask, I'll just die.....
    No, don't worry. It won't charge from the USB BUS.

Re: Re: Argh!!!

Originally posted by alenzini
    Specifically, the 2200 series.

Andy
    Yes, size is the same, but the current is different THe 2200 series will work, but it takes longer.

Re: Re: Re: Argh!!!

Originally posted by HoTSynC
    Yes, size is the same, but the current is different THe 2200 series will work, but it takes longer.
    The 2200 series travel charger that I bought at a Verizon store has the same model number as the 7135 charger (TXTVLOC01) and the same output spec (4.5VDC 1.5A). Input spec is the same as well.

Is there something I'm missing?

Andy

Administrator
    maybe you had a beta testers old unit and he forgot to put the charger back...

I think the missing word in what I've typed has been rapid. I just looked at the Kyocera accessories web site and the "rapid" travel charger's model number is TXTVL10010G.

The charger for the 2200 series and the 7135 (in the box) are the same, just not rapid.

Andy

Well, I guess you missed the thread about how the grafitti area doubles as a solar panel for fast charging under even just a 40 watt desk lamp? Shame on you Alan
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Originally posted by marctronixx
    maybe you had a beta testers old unit and he forgot to put the charger back...
    lol... I would've forgotten to put the 7135 back! (but I guess that would be a bit more obvious? Unless you were allowed to drop the units off to a sales rep at a store :eyesroll

Originally posted by Robert K.
    Well, I guess you missed the thread about how the grafitti area doubles as a solar panel for fast charging under even just a 40 watt desk lamp?

Now that would be waaaaaaaaaay cool. Very good idea Robert! Now get Kyocera working on that, would you?

Next you have to invent SilkyBoards that still allow the sun to shine through them.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Originally posted by Markito
    Now that would be waaaaaaaaaay cool. Very good idea Robert! Now get Kyocera working on that, would you?

Next you have to invent SilkyBoards that still allow the sun to shine through them.
    I would just be happy with Silky-Board for the 7135.... I started using it on my IIIc after the last DC area Kyo Krazy meeting where Dr. Dave showed it to me on his 6035. I don't know how I ever lived without it. I thought I liked graffitti until I tried silkyboard. Now I am dying to get it back again.....

Alan

I would just be happy with Silky-Board for the 7135.... I started using it on my IIIc after the last DC area Kyo Krazy meeting where Dr. Dave showed it to me on his 6035. I don't know how I ever lived without it. I thought I liked graffitti until I tried silkyboard. Now I am dying to get it back again.....

Alan
    I liked it a lot too... but unfortunately I just started using it a week before I got the Treo! (what can I say... I'm spontanious )

Alan
    I am hoping that my SilkyBoard that I purchased for my 6035 will work equally as well on the 7135. Just like you indicated, I would really miss my SilkyBoard if I were without it now.
    Dave

Originally posted by dwdod
    I am hoping that my SilkyBoard that I purchased for my 6035 will work equally as well on the 7135. Just like you indicated, I would really miss my SilkyBoard if I were without it now.
    I am pretty sure the software will work, although I haven't tried it yet. They just need to get the templates printed up becuase I believe teh size and shape of the graffiti area is a little different from the 6035. I don't have one to compare it to. I was thinking about downloading the PDF and cutting a paper one out, but there is so much to explore on the phone I just haven't had a chance yet.

Alan

Yeah, anyone out there with a 7135 and the actual SilkyBoard from their 6035? Intall the software and put that sucker on your 7135 and let us know. I'm sure that it would work. That's what I plan on using.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Yeah, anyone out there with a 7135 and the actual SilkyBoard from their 6035? Intall the software and put that sucker on your 7135 and let us know. I'm sure that it would work. That's what I plan on using.
    Yeah... I don't see why it wouldn't work. But... the backlighting isn't likely to make it through.... you think?

Hopefully it will slightly illuminate the SilkyBoard. But then again, in a dark room, the bright screen should shine on the SB.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Hopefully it will slightly illuminate the SilkyBoard. But then again, in a dark room, the bright screen should shine on the SB.
    True.... but those silkyboards are pretty freaking thick! I'm sure somebody here (maybe Steve.... if he's still alive!) will follow through with the idea of a transparent silkyboard